This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Sunday, December 1, 2013

~A Quilt Workshop.......Past Times


Recently I attended a workshop for this lovely quilt
Past Times by Lynne Wilson


The quilt was made up of fat quarters so I went 'shopping' in my stash......
bundled up my fabrics and tied a ribbon around them all ready to take in to the workshop for Lynne to have a look at......
The fabrics were a mix of traditional and country and mostly deep colours









The most unlikely combinations were put together and they looked great!!! 




This is laying out the blocks so I have put them in this post for handy reference to it
I am up to this part but not sure if I will get to it before Christmas!!!



13 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dzintra! I love that fabric with the little moon slivers! And the rest of the fabrics are just happy and gorgeous! I was just thinking of you yesterday and wondering how you are!

Enjoy putting your quilt together; can you believe it's December already? LOVE! Anita

Astrid said...

It looks gorgeous! I love the different color / fabric combinations. It's going to be a lovely quilt!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your blocks look wonderful!! It's great to see you having fun with different fabrics and combinations. I love the progress photos of it on the floor, it's on it's way to being a fabulous quilt!!

Fiona said...

looks great....
Hugz

Nat Palaskas said...

Looking great so far! I love using scraps to me everything goes. I love you choice of colour - Hugs Nat

Susan said...

No rules when working with scraps....it looks great. And how good to shop from your stash, love that idea.

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Well done! I love the scrappy look. Xx

Domesblissity said...

A lovely combination of fabrics Dzintra. I'm swooning up here.

Anne xx

GCamden said...

The colors you have chosen look like they will make a cheery quilt!

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Looks great. Beautiful fabric choices.

Terry said...

Looking at the blocks on the floor your quilt has a strong blue with pizazz.
Looks like you are having fun.

Grethe said...

Great fabrics, will make a great quilt. Lynne W has been to Norway, I went to her work class, bought her pattern book 'sewn in time' and have made 2 quilts. Have a lovely pre Christmas time :-)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dear,dear FRIEND! How lovely to see you on my post, and to receive a warm hug from your part of the Christmas season....a warm place! We are freezing over here, but we have snow, and is it ever beautiful. It is treacherous driving, but if you go slow enough and give yourself at least TWO hours to get to work that usually only takes 50 minutes, then you're OK!

BLess you dearest Dzintra! Anita

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...