This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Friday, December 27, 2013

~Christmas Swaps~



To finish off my SANTA swap in my on line stitching group Friends in Stitching (FIS) I received this very colourful table runner from Chookyblue
Thank you so much Chooky!!!
I have decided to pull out of FIS as I have a bit too much on my plate at the moment with my singing lessons....JoJo and other things in general
I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of this group so you never know I may be in it another day!!!



My partner to make for was Sandi
My gifts to her were this basket 


together with a pin cushion, scissor fob and needlebook
Sandi is a huge Anni Downes fan as I am so I used Anni's Christmastime fabric and pattern for this basket


S for Santa I sent a little stitched Santa bag with a little pattern by Anni 


A for Antlers was this handsome sparkly silver reindeer


Nativity a printed panel


T for Treat was a box of chocolate chip biscuits


A for Angel a little hanging stitchery.

*****


The other swap I was in was Maree's 6 item swap
For this I gave a little pouch


inside was a stitched cushion top


and a pattern for a table runner


Starting from top left is something for the tree
something to read
something for the sewing room
something smelly
something to eat
My partner to send to was Stephanie
Thank you Maree for organizing this swap!!!


My partner that sent to me was Helen
I received this reindeer wall hanging


and JoJo received a couple of treats too from Helen
Thank you so much Helen!!!

A fun year of Swaps for me!!!

I'd like to wish everyone a very Happy 2014 with Peace, Joy, Contentment, Good Health and much Stitching coming up.......and of course Cooking

Love Dzintra xo

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

such awesome swap goodies sent and received Dzintra,well done and all the best to you and your lovely family and looking forward to meeting you soon.xx

Fiona said...

Lots of lovely goodies. The swaps are such fun though I have also cut down on some..hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Dzintra...what wonderful gifts you have received and sent...going to miss you in FIS Dzintra....Hi Jo Jo...

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning and holiday greetings to you precious friend! How fun is THIS, to swap handmade items with such care. WOW was this a whirlwind of a Christmas for us, traveling about, but did we have a BLAST! You should have heard us singing and seen us dancing, Dzintra!

I am finally back on-line, and it's so good to see you! LOVE, Anita

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a lot of swapping fun!! So much thought and talent have gone into all those wonderful gifts!

Susan said...

Beautiful gifts Dzintra. Love the bag you made for Sandi, and perfect in those fabrics.

Nat Palaskas said...

What a fun swaps you girls are doing. I bet you enjoyed planning and creating them. Merry Christmas to everyone Dzintra. Thanks for my lovely presents too - Hugs Nat

Chookyblue...... said...

so many goodies there...glad you like the runner.....I made quite a few and I thought this bright one would suit you........I loved being your Santa........

lots of other great gifts here too

DAWNIE said...

Such great gifts. Love what you sent sandi. Aldo your header looks tops

Tatkis said...

Wonderful swaps, both gifts sent and recieved are beautiful!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...