This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It's Just About Showtime!!! Life Is A Cabaret...First Dress Rehearsal!!!

First dress rehearsal has happened for our local amateur theatre's production of Cabaret!!!
The poster...

signage outside the Playhouse...

the Playhouse...

Empty seats waiting for Patrons...
The show opens Saturday night!!!

Before and after makeup!!!

The props backstage...

Adjusting lighting...

Part of the scene...

Some hair-dos and hats from the era...

One of the books the wardrobe mistress used as a guide for the costumes...

Costumes waiting on the rack...

And us gals posing in our little dressing room...

The gorgeous Janet...

Delightful Noreen...

Caroline looking stunning!!!

And here we are altogether...

This is part of my own clothing used in a day scene...
Since this pic the hat has been eliminated...

And after a long and fun day I arrived home and Mr Armchair cooked dinner...
Sirloin Steak...roast potatoes...asparagus...corn and mushrooms...
Just what I needed!!!

Along with Pavlova!!!
Just what I needed...thank you so much DH!!!

The play opens this Saturday...more rehearsals to go...
and I'm starting to think that the Kit Kat Club really exists...
after all...when I dress up it's where I go!!!
Until then...I'm still singing...
What good is sitting alone in your room
Come hear the music play
Life is a Cabaret old chum
Come to the Cabaret...
Lyrics by Fred Ebb


18 comments:

Barb said...

Hey Dzintra, Have a ball in Cabaret..you look fantastic...
Love Barb

Terry said...

You look great in hats.
Break a leg.

Jen said...

oooh looks like so much fun!, you all look fabulous! and what a great dinner, lucky girl!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Dzintra
I know the song well.. well.. maybe the chorus well.. hahaha... but love it.. You gals look wonderful I know you will knock em dead..

So... as they say in show business... break a leg!!! xxx Julie

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DZINTRA! YEAH! OH YEAH!!! Live it up dearest, have yourself a blast! Ahhhh, the days of costumes, makeup and music. I love it so....must dash off to work, but ENJOY YOURSELF!!! GREAT PICTURES!!! Bisous, Anita

Nat Palaskas said...

You look gorgeous girl! You are living the life of the star at the bay! I would have love to see you on stage. A nice hubby to have at home cooking. Break a leg on Saturday girl! Hugs Nat

Simone de Klerk said...

You must really be in the mood of the Cabaret! What a great impression, Dzintra. You ladies all look soooooo pretty!
Oh, you must be having so much fun (((o:

Pooch Purple Reign said...

lookin sassy girl. break a leg!!!
~laura x

Fer said...

Good luck, hope you have a blast!

Jeni said...

Dzintra my friend...... you look so glamorous......
have a great time ......act and sing like you are in your sewing room
cant wait to hear more
hugs

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

I am impressed. Both with your outfits,though I wish the hat could have stayed and your hubby for cooking a lovely meal for you.
I love where you can purchase the tickets from. Now I am singing that song!!!
Good luck with it all.
Happy singing.
Bev.xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dzintra! YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD TIME, Aren't you???? Thank you for coming and giving me such a bright and wonderful moment, to know that you are enjoying the theatre experience, and that you enjoyed my boot post!

Have a marvelous new day! Anita

vicki archer said...

It sounds like such fun Dzintra....You look wonderful and enjoy the show, xv.

Carla said...

Oh you gorgeous girls. How much fun. I always loved cabaret in Paris it is so fun and lighthearted. You look amazing. Carla

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HELLO YOU WONDERFUL ACTRESS YOU!!! How is the play going, Dzintra? Has the show come to its end? I know you have much to tell....thank you dear one for coming to visit me and yes, these fabulous men in our lives do so much; when I was a little girl, if I saw an old man on the street, I would cry. These days, little boys at play and mischieviousness make me laugh and cry, just knowing that life will not be easy for them....funny how I have this burden for men!!!! They work so darn hard for us....thank you always, for your sweet support!

Now go out and find another play to get into! It is FUNNNNN!!!!

Bises, Anita

ceecee said...

You fabulous girl! I'm so sorry I'm late to send my best wishes for a great performance. You seem to be having so much fun. Love the look...especially those red lips!

A Happy Birthday to you also, Dzintra! Many more command performances in the future!

Much love,
Catherine xx

DEBBIE said...

you go!
Your GORGEOUS, FABULOUS ladies!

DEBBIE MOSS

onlinegamedesignschools said...

Great post! I really enjoyed this article, very useful for anyone also interested in these things. Thanks for sharing!

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...