This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Thursday, April 4, 2013

~Dinner at Nundle......GDITC 2013~



On the way to dinner at Nundle we passed this cabin with the 'Girlfriends' (as JoJo calls the Nundle girls now) sitting outside we stopped to check out the quilts hanging over railing
They were all to be donated to a Cancer group...how lovely is that, all with hearts on them too!!!


One of the roads in Nundle......what a beautiful spot this was.......we just loved it!!!


On the Church itself was this 1882 sign...


Rustic looking bench on the way to dinner


I really love old furniture......have a look at the old table in the foreground especially it's top
looks like the legs might be different to the table top


The venue for our meal 'Mount Misery Gold Mine Cafe'
The cafe is located in the restored Coffin Makers Cottage built by George Davidson in the 1870’s and is featured on the cover of Slim Dusty’s Album Dinki-di-Aussie.


Most Rustic stuff on the inside


Our table with Dawnie, Deb, Susan


Looking outside from behind Deb




Above 2 shots......out the back and lots of tin


And finally the meals
Award winning Smoked Trout from the Arc-en-Ciel Trout Farm


and a Thai Beef Salad
Both very delicious.......but I fell in love with the atmosphere this place just oozed!!!



Dinner on Saturday evening was at the Peel Inn with the Hotel being 146 years old and still going strong!!!

11 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ooo! I think I am the first one here at table with you!

Dearest Dzintra, your travels are a joy. Look at all the rustic loveliness here! But the most touching of all are the hearts, stitched by hands that care. What a joy and what a comfort for those who have to battle this disease that took both of my parents. You are just the best. Anita

Chookyblue...... said...

great pics........

Susan said...

Nundle certainly does have a lot to offer for a small place.

Terry said...

If it manages to hang on long enough it becomes trendy again. Nundle seems to be re inventing it self. Glad you all seemed to have a good time.

Fiona said...

looks like such a fun place... I love rusty tin and old wood too....
Hugz

Cheryll said...

Ohhh I've a smile from ear to ear looking at the pic's. It was sooo much fun with all the "girl friends" company! :)

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's always wonderful seeing the world through your photos.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

And a cheery pink salute to you precious one...over the sea. Anita

Jeni said...

Oh Dzintra
looks like a yumo meal .and great friendships

Palomasea said...

What fantastic fun, dear one!
I love seeing your adventures...and such natural beauty all around...
Those quilts are joyous...the rustic charm wonderful...and that trout is making my mouth water!
Love seeing beautiful YOU in the photos!
Sending love across the miles,
- Irina

Kaisievic said...

Thank you so much for taking me on a trip to Nundle, it looks like a great place to visit.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...