This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Sunday, April 21, 2013

~Thank You Friends in Stitching~


Thank You Helen and Friends in Stitching~


Hi everybody...
thank you so much for my birthday wishes,
I had an awesome day and was thoroughly spoilt by my Mr Armchair and JoJo and by my other 2 children on the previous weekend

I am part of an on-line stitching group, Friends in Stitching which I joined this  year.  2 requirements of this group are that we participate in a birthday swap and a Christmas swap

Above is the birthday swap gift all wrapped up that I received from Helen


and one for JoJo as well
how chuffed was she as I told her it was from some 'Sewing Girlfriends'
Girlfriends is the name she gave to the gals up at Nundle for Girls Day in the Country (GDITC) and it just so suits I reckon!!!




My card and message...


And look Angels holding up a Heart with a special verse underneath



Gorgeous, gorgeous little runner, just perfect Helen....it made the coffee table straight away LOL!!!
And I did specify that I like Anni Downs' designs!!!


And look here....the much coveted Friendship Tag...
I now have one too...how special is this!!!


But wait, there's more......not 1 but 2 Tags......not bragging or anything LOL!!!
A special one with JoJo's name on it...all in soft muted colours......


She's proudly holding it up here....




A handy little Anni Downs notepad and some chocolate.......


Mr Armchair took me out for breakfast and I brought along this special glass that I received from my Cousin and had champagne at 11.00 in the morning......that's not too early is it LOL???

Thank you so much Helen for my lovely gifts......they are just awesome!!!

So a big Cheers to all you Sewing Girlfriends......nothing like being 30 (again)!!!

Love Dzintra xoxo

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

what wonderful gifts Helen sent you and Jo Jo,that runner is gorgeous and nah 11.00 isnt to early,lol.xx

mumasu said...

Happy birthday, many happy returns. It looks like you have had a fabulous time. Keep smiling :)

Rachaeldaisy said...

Such wonderful gifts and so thoughtfully made for you and JoJo too. It looks as though you had a wonderful day. Champagne for breakfast is a great way to celebrate.

RitaGri said...

Veselību, prieku un radošu garu nākamajos 60!
Skaistas dāvanas no šuvējdraudzenēm.
Un ja glāze ir tik skaisti noformēta, tad var uzsaukt tostu arī plkst.11 no rīta!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MONTH SWEET DZINTRA! And that tag with JoJo's name! A fabric tag, how WONDERFUL is that? And that special 60s flute of bubbles. Now that is the way to celebrate! I am only five years in back of the race my dear...mine is Tuesday and I am loving the thought of being 55; it is strange however, because I still feel 25!

BIGGEST HUGS! Anita

Astrid said...

WOW! Such awesome gifts for you and Jo Jo! Love the runner and tags, they are so beautiful! Love your glass too! :) Sure a birthday to remember!

Jeni said...

Happy Birthday my friend xxxxxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

And many cheers, hugs and WISHES TO YOU my April sister, for a month and YEAR of bliss and love. Thanking you and THINKING of you as I turn 55 on Tuesday!!!!!! YIPEEEEEEE! Anita

Nat Palaskas said...

Cute swaps. Enjoy the rest of the year and more celebrations...

Tatkis said...

Wonderful gifts for you and JoJo, congratulations!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ahhh.....Enchanted April it is for US, the SISTAHOOD!

Can you believe dearest, that today we have more snow coming? I have to drive out to school to substitute, but TOMORROW for my birthday, I am OFF!

Have a lovely day and thank you so much for coming! Anita

Fiona said...

Fantastic gift ... and the tags, the tags... I think they are the envy of blogland.... awesome...
Hugz

Palomasea said...

Catching up here, catching up... :)))
Sounds like you had such a marvelous celebration, dear friend...and there is never a wrong time for Champagne!! hee...
What beautiful goodies...so sweet...

Unfortunately, I was not able to see dear Anita on her Birthday, but hopefully this weekend...I will give her a tight hug from you, you bet I will!
Love to you...stay warm!
- Irina

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...