This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Monday, May 27, 2013

~My Gift To Sarah in FIS....Friends in Stitching~


I became a member of FIS this year and there are 2 compulsory swaps involved with this fabulous on-line Stitching Group...
One is a birthday swap and the other is Christmas

Above are the fabrics I have had here for ages just waiting for the right project


Putting them together
It took me about a week to decide what to make for my Partner Sarah
Part of Sarah's brief was that she liked red and she liked sewing bits and bobs


The gift had to include one of a choice of 2 verses and a button
I chose the above verse and some rusty buttons to make the popular bag going round Blogland at the moment......Natalie Bird's  'True Friend's Tote Bag'




I went out the back to photograph the bag amongst some greenery seeing I'd never done that before and ended up putting it on our red car 'Ruby Tuesday' and I thought looks great so went with that!!!



I tucked in a little 'prim' felt pin holder


some red pegs


and seeing Sarah is an avid quilter an 'I Love Quilts' brooch by Theodora Cleave


All bundled up with a block of chocolate also


wrapped up......


and the card!!!

I have thoroughly enjoyed making my first swap gift for a lovely gal and look forward to the next one!!!
Hope you had a good one Sarah!!!

15 comments:

Annie said...

Gorgeous gifts Dzintra - think you've nailed it again!!! xoxox

Susan said...

It's gorgeous Dzintra, lovely use of the FG fabrics. Great wrapping paper too.

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful parcel you sent off to Sarah,i really love that bag,well done Dzintra.xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING DZINTRA!

I so love your work and the things you all make in these fabulous on-line sewing/quilting circles. That darling little felt pin holder with the star is precious!!! And to wrap the chocolate in such a pretty wrap of fabric; that reminds me of how the Japanese used to wrap gifts in beautiful fabrics. Oh what a treat to see you and little Mimi is now a "tween" as we call those young adolescents out here! WOOO she is at that stage!!!!!

Hugs to you all my sweet! Anita

Chookyblue...... said...

great bag for Sarah........love the fabrics......

Fiona said...

lovely bag and great gift altogether...
Hugz

Sandi said...

Love the bag you made! And the gifts too - gorgeous!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Sarah will be so pleased with this parcel full of special and thoughtful goodies. The bag you've made is particularly beautiful!!!

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

The bag is just so lovely and you were right it matches your car perfectly. I do like the little prim pin holder. The wrapping paper is amazing, where did you get that from?

Hope you are having a great day.
Bev.

Nat Palaskas said...

What a lovely red work stitching gift. You are a true queen of stitcheries! Hugs Nat

Terry said...

Wonderful selection of gifts for the Swap. I think you had fun with this one.

Tatkis said...

Such a lovely bag, so elegant!
Wonderful gifts for Sarah!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dzintra my dear one! I just got an email from our Irina telling me that you can't access my blog? I just visited BLOGGER to report the problem, but there doesn't seem to be any help for this sort of problem. I wonder if you could email me and let me know what specifically you encounter when attempting to enter?

anitarivera58@yahoo.com

Palomasea said...

I pray that the issue will be resolved, dear friends!!!

Dzintra, this is so lovely....
I adore seeing your beautiful creations, and Sarah is a lucky gal indeed! :)
Your red car is fabulous too!
The card is magical...shell candles..how romantic....
Love to you, my friend...
- Irina

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My dearest Dzintra! I just finished emailing you back and came to my blog to see if your second idea worked, but did not see that you were able to get into my comment page! OH NO! It seems that others are able to comment, so I wonder what the problem would be?

You are just a sweet friend to give it a try! Back tomorrow! Anita

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...