This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Sunday, April 28, 2013

~The Birthday Food and Gifts......and Family~

Well it seems that I have eaten my way through my B I G birthday LOL


I opened up this card a week before my birthday from my dear friend Dot and out fell all these gorgeous little stars


Two days later we headed up through the historic village of Braidwood to our desination that evening for dinner


at La Scala Ristorante in Canberra


DD Jacqueline and DIL Danelle


Going left to right DS James, SIL Bill, GD Lidija, Mr Armchair, GS Ryan, Jacuqline and Danelle



Some of the food


Family pic


the cake......a gluten free chocolate mud cake


that Jacqueline decorated
all so nice and chocolatey......thank you so much for organizing this and the dinner!!!

 

The gifts......gorgeous necklace from my children


and a cook book from my SIL Liene
Recipes put together by a group of women who get together and cook on Mondays
I had heard of these ladies doing this but didn't realize there was a book



JoJo loved the table balloons


I received these glasses a few weeks before from my childhood friend Kerrie


My dear Friend Geo sent me these buttons by Lynette Anderson Designs


and this 1953 Australian three pence all set and ready to wear with a chain
Thank you so much Geo and Lloyd.......this coin made a flood of childhood memories come flooding back to me as I hadn't seen one for years.....and yes it was a little emotional too!!!


I had a cocktail when Mr Armchair and JoJo took me out for dinner on Birthday Eve to On The Pier


Sending a Cheers to everyone at the time!!!





More food......


The waitress came out with this Happy Birthday plate of a Mango Sauce that said Happy Birthday...
and it was all edible too......


And pic to finish off the evening.....



On Birthday morning Mr Armchair said let's go out for breakfast when JoJo had left for her day programme......yes please!!
We went to North St Cafe and Bar where they have the best Gluten Free food and cakes


I took a new glass that my Cousin Katy sent me and wondered if it was too early at 11am for some bubbles but Steph at the Cafe said no!!!


After that Mr Armchair took me to Georgie's Jewellers where we bought a new Pandora chain and a couple of charms.......I used some birthday money from MIL Velta to purchase the charm with the star on it as it reminded me of a sea shell and the beach that we are close too..... 



I came home to a gift from Nat
this lovely wallet purchased from Bangkok when she went for a visit back home there recently
Thank you so much dear Nat......it's great!!!
And Fiona you'll love this.....it's in your favourite colour orange!!!



And the biggest surprise.....an Ipad......how cool is this all in a lovely crimson cover as well
I first saw one of these at GDITC (Girls Day in the Country) when Susan had one at our table
It took photos as well and I was sooooo impressed
It's great and I just love it.....so now I will be able to be portable so will bring it next time to GDITC......



And guess what, Mr Armchair and JoJo took me out to dinner again.......this time at Isabella's
Funny enough the Chef here is one that was in my class when I did my course at TAFE 


After that we came home and had this delicious Chocolate Plum Ganache cake from North Street Cafe for dessert


 
And a pic to finish it all off
I've had a great birthday celebration
Thank you for all the birthday greetings and gifts
I've been thoroughly spoilt
Thank you to my lovely family

And I still can't believe I'm this age
But they do say 60 is the new 50 or some even say 40 !!!

26 comments:

Susan said...

Turning 60 definitely agrees with you, you look fabulous at all your celebrations. Glad your birthday was so well celebrated. X

Suedio said...

Queen of the Armchair? More like Queen of the Celebrations!!! :)

Happy Birthday Dzintra . . . hope the year ahead is a great one.

RitaGri said...

Skaistas svinības ar mīļiem cilvēkiem un dāvanām no sirds!

Rachaeldaisy said...

You certainly know how to celebrate in style!! It's wonderful to see you've have such special times for your birthday.

Yvonne W said...

What a birthday celebration and beautiful gifts ( for a lovely person).

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful post Dzintra,so much yummy food and such gorgeous gifts ,happy birthday my friend.xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I am in joyful tears here as I see YOU, your children, your beautiful husband and ALL THE FOOD!!!!! Dzintra, happy wishes to you my lovely friend, as you continue to wear the jewels of love around your neck. (THAT PENDANT IS STUNNING!)

Cheers precious one, Anita

Domesblissity said...

Wow, what a birthday celebration Dzintra! Amazing food, family, friends, gifts. You look fantastic for 60 (or was that 50? or 40?) LOL Looks like there's some nice restaurants in your neck of the woods. Happy birthday again. You have a lovely family.

Anne xx

Kath said...

I'm so happy you had such a great birthday, with wonderful gifts and fabulous food. I love that last photo, you're so beautiful!
Happy birthday lovely girl xx

ria vogelzang said...

Such great pictures! And what a beautiful 60th Birthday
Congratulations! And God Bless!
Love,Ria.

Lynn said...

I love this post! What a wonderful, well-loved person you are. And all the delicious food, yum!

Terry said...

You had a great season of celebrations with family and friends so nice. Enjoy thie coming year.

Googy Girl said...

Wow you certainly did celebrate your birthday

So much food....ohhh made me so hungry, lucky I am at a cafe .... About to have breakie

Fiona said...

you have celebrated in such style and aplomb... wonderful and so great to see you have been so spoilt.... it shows that you are loved by so many...
Hugz

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh sweet one, you are so PRETTY! And yes, jewels of love are the most brilliant of all. How kind of your children to give you a circle of love, that which cannot be broken. CHEERS!!!!!! Anita

Lynda said...

Fantastic celebrations Dzintra (and beautiful presents).

Unknown said...

Lots of Lovely Celebrations and Family photos
You will Love your New IPad they are Fab!
Cheers

Nat Palaskas said...

Cheee girl you had a BIG one this time with all the food, family, friends and gifts... good one my friend and enjoy the rest of the year - Hugs Nat

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks like you had a ball....grat photos...

Grethe said...

Love your nail vanish matching the wine and your outfit, great pic !! Thanks for sharing your day with us. Love seeing all the pictures; family, food, presents etc. :))

Tatkis said...

You had such a wonderful time, and lots of great presents!
Yummy foods too ;)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

Such a lovely post, lots of photo;s to remember each and every outing.

I just got a email from you, your account has been hacked. Probably best to change your password.

Happy days.
Bev.

Palomasea said...

How exciting to share in all of your celebrations, beautiful Dzintra! You are gorgeous, dear friend...and all of the pictures are magnificent...from your precious family, to the fabulous food (my mouth is watering now) :), to the amazing gifts...blessings abound...
So happy for you!
Much love and big hugs,
- Irina

Unknown said...

Thank you for your great post. I really appreciate the efforts you have put in your blog .It is interesting and helpful.
Sugar free products
Food gifts

Unknown said...

This material is quite a bit different in that the information is up to date and written by an author that is on the cutting edge of the subject.

Accommodation in Bangalore

Star hotels in chennai

prasanjeet sarkar said...

Nice Blog, I really appreciate this post
Indian Spices

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...