This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

~How did I get to be this old.......or, Happy Birthday to me~

On the way home from Nundle we stopped off at the Central Coast where I had organized a family get-together to celebrate my upcoming birthday......


My Sister Brigita had organized this little gluten free cake for me
I look at the number and can't believe what I see.......where did the years go???
I don't feel this old......still can't say the number LOL although I have been saying I'm 30 again!!!


Here is JoJo with my brother.......he had organized the singer at the Ettalong Bowling Club to sing 'Happy Birthday' to me.......not the Happy Birthday that you sing for a cake but the song......how lovely was this I thought!!!


No sooner had I sat down when Brigita put sparkly blue feathers around my neck and Mr Armchair bought me a blue cocktail!!!


I caught up with my nearly new Great Nephew Luke


and a new little Great Nephew Connor




This is the not gluten free cake


Family shot here from back Brother Charlie, me, Great Niece Emily, Brigita, Sister Linda and my Mum


Here Brigita is holding Great Niece Grace as well
I lover this photo as it shows us 4 together with Mum






I had to put this one in.......Brigita's ring that my Mother's Friend made
it is yellow gold with a 2 centre bits representing the Friend and my Father (as they set sail during WW2 for a better life)......the gold then goes off 2 separate ways representing these 2 mates......
Such a shame my Dad is no longer here with us to see this


so I will include a pic of him here anyway....

Last night Mr Armchair took me and JoJo out for a pre birthday dinner......I'll be back about this
and today I plan to do absolutely 

N O T H I N G

well, perhaps just the essentials and care for JoJo

I did read the other day that I should be grateful as I get older as a lot of people don't make it this far
how true are these words......



so I'm back again with that blue cocktail to wish you all a   C H E E RS   from me to you
and have a great day

Love Dzintra xoxo

37 comments:

Fiona said...

Dzintra, Happy Birthday and you looks so fantastic.... a lovely set of pictures.... have a wonderful day doing only the essentials...
Hugz

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Dzintra. How wonderful to celebrate with your family. Enjoy your day.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Happy birthday Dzintra...a beautiful post. :-)

Cheryll said...

A very BIG HaPPy BirthDaY...lol... but it doesn't matter the number... it matters in the outlook on life... and you have a great one!
Enjoy your special day! :)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday my dear friend,hope all your wishes come true and may you be surrounded by love and laughter,enjoy your day.xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DZINTRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS OUR MONTH! My birthday is next Tuesday!

What can I say but that you look LOVELY with that blue boa and blue cocktail! WOOWOOWOW! Your mum, what a gorgeous lady! You two could be sisters! She had to have had you very young????

Happy celebration my dear friend. Much love, Anita

pamkennison said...

Happy Birthday Dzintra, you share a great month with my Mum who turned 88 on the 16th :) have a wonderful time celebrating Pam

De said...

Happy Birthday lovely lady...you deserve to be spoilt!

Gillie said...

Happy Birthday! What a lovely time with all of you together.

Lurline said...

Who cares? Sixty is a number - to look so beautiful and full of life is another, Happy Birthday Dzintra!
Hugs - Lurline

Lynn said...

Happy Birthday! What a lovely celebration, surrounded by family and happiness.

Nat Palaskas said...

My dear Dzintra, hip hip hoolay for your Birthday. You don't look one day older than when I met you in 2002! Enjoy and treasure every minute - Have a lovely birthday my sweet friend - Hugs Nat

Sue-Anne said...

Happy Birthday Dzintra! Wishing you a wonderful day xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dzintra, wishing you a lovely special day, Ann x

Palomasea said...

And CHEERS to YOU, beautiful Dzintra!!
Hooray! How generous of you to share in your celebration! What keeps us young is love and being surrounded by it, and it looks like this was a most special celebration of YOU!
Dearest Dzintra, wishing you LOVE, JOY, and continued JOIE DE VIVRE!
We celebrate you...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, beautiful! :)))
Much love to you, and Birthday hugs,
- Irina :)

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

I had to smile how numbers change as we get older.Lots of smiles and happiness in this post.

Happy Birthday.

Bev.

Tatkis said...

Happy Happy Birthday Dzintra!!
You looks great (30 at most ;) ) and your family did wonderful to create a memorable Birthday!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Sandi said...

Happy birthday, Dzintra. I hope you enjoy your day today.

Cardygirl said...

Happy birthday...you look more like 30 than 60!

Yvonne W said...

Happy 60th birthday, Dzintra! Enjoy your day and many more wonderful years ahead. Lovely celebrating with your family.

ria vogelzang said...

Wow!! What a lovely post to read!!!
A very happy and blessed Birthday, dear Dzintra!!
Such gorgeous pictures of you and your family!
Sending love your way; and a lot of years to come!!!!
:))
Ria.

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday Dzintra...
Lovely Celebrations.
60 is the New 40 didn't you Know!!!
xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great photos....hope you had the best day Dzintra.....love the ring...xxxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My dear one,

I have not seen your visits lately...is everything OK?

I am thinking of you as our birthdays along with several others, are happening. You look so lovely in your blue. ENJOY! Anita

Fer said...

Happy Birthday Dzintra! They say 60 is the new 50 don't they? ;)

Kath said...

You're as old as you feel and you have a loving, happy, fun filled spirit which shines through. Have a wonderful birthday lovely girl, I'm happy to have you as a friend xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh that BLUE drink looks so delicious! And you and your mother are so beautiful, Dzintra..22 when she had you? Well then, this explains a lot. She is just as lovely as you.

Thank you for coming to comment; to see your words is always an uplift. Happy day! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I JUST FIGURED IT OUT as I focused more on it, washing dishes.....that makes her 82. SHE STILL LOOKS LIKE A WOMAN OF 60!!!! Tell your mum she is fabulous. :))))

Anita

Grethe said...

Happy Birthday to you Dzintra, nice seeing all the pictures. Great age,and it will get better!
Love the drink matching your outfit:-)

Joolz said...

Happy Birthday, Dzintra! Looks like a lovely family get together! Cheers to good health!

-Joolz xx

Astrid said...

Dear Dzintra, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are looking great! Love that blue drink! So fun! Love all the photos and how wonderful to celebrate together with your family - can't be better, can it?! :)

Rachaeldaisy said...

Wishing you the most wonderful and very Happy Birthday!! That blue cocktail looks amazing!!

Stina Blomgren said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!!
GRATTIS....:0) lovely to be with family isn't it!!
kviltstina at gmail dot com

Chookyblue...... said...

i know i sent you an email on your birthday but great pics......it's nice to ahve all your birthday memories and wonderful to reach another milestone in your life......

A Magical Whimsy said...

Happy! Happy! Birthday! Dzintra
I have sworn never to grow up!
I am just a bit older than you are, and I wonder where the time has flown too. I think 60 is the 'New' middle age. We are only as young as we think! Keep creating your beautiful quilted projects, I know it is when I am making my crafts that it keeps me young.
Looks like you had a very special time with your family. God bless!
Cheers!
Teresa
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

Domesblissity said...

Happy Birthday Dzintra! Its great to put a face to the name and meet other members of your lovely family. Looking forward to hearing more about your life. Hope you had a great day.

Anne xx

retdairyqueen said...

Looks like you had a great birthday and were very spoilt

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...