This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

~Cook Up with Donna Hay (No 17) Red Wine Braised Beef Cheeks with Paris Mash...and Mindy's Chocolate Mousse Tart~


Last week I did another Cook Up from the donna hay magazine Issue 63 June/July 2012



Menu was Red Wine Braised Beef Cheeks with Paris Mash
I've never cooked Beef Cheeks before but they were oh so melt in the mouth tender...and cheap too!!!


Lovely thyme in the casserole...red wine...beef stock amongst other ingredients


The Parish Mash was sooooo smooth, creamy and silky
The pic above shows the dish without parsley


And we had freshly ground trio of peppercorns on ours!


We also enjoyed some Bodalla Dairy Sage and Saltbush cheese...


We all enjoy watching MasterChef  here and JoJo occassionally gets the magazine for me on one of her shopping programmes
This time I thought I would try Mindy's Chocolate Mousse Tart for Dessert


I used White Wings Gluten Free Flour for the pastry


Mr Armchair had seen this pack of Orgran Gluten Substitute and bought it for me


I've never made gluten free pastry so added the substitute to the flour and the result was that the pastry was not brittle and didn't break easily
Now I'll have to play around with it a little more


Orange Caramel on the Tart


I asked Mr Armchair to go out into the backyard (in the dark) and come back with a few mint leaves for the top as we had no basil...
He came back with Lemon Balm but hey, it still tasted good!!!




Served with Mascarpone


A delicious, delicious meal
and I don't know how Mindy made this Tart in the time allocated!!!!!!!!

Mindy's Chocolate Mousse Tart recipe over here

Irina has decided to join Vicki and I in doing a Cook Up from each issue of donna hay magazine

If anyone else would like to join us just let me know and I can put you up on my sidebar
No pressure......just cook something out of each issue and blog it!!

Bon Appetit......Dzintra

15 comments:

Susan said...

Oh yum. Looks like a delicious dinner. I can't believe Mindy didn't make it to the finals - her tart looks scrumptious.

Anonymous said...

yummy you are so clever Dzintra.xx

Kaisievic said...

Delicious looking dinner, thanks so much for inviting us to share it with you.

Palomasea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Palomasea said...

Another gorgeous cook up, dear friend! ....oooh, I better get myself over to the book shop!! Thank you so much for the mention, I am so excited to participate...tomorrow I will write up the plan to do so on Gypsy with links to you! Thank you and a big Bon Appetit hug!
(Had to delete first comment...spelling error...sorry)
xoxoxo,
- Irina :)

Simone de Klerk said...

I think I should really try to get hold of a Donna Hay magazine! This once again looks so very good.
And how very sweet, that JoJo buys you a cooking magazine every now and then. So special. She's a real special girl!
Would have loved to try some of the mousse. Not making it though since I am a bit on a diet ... trying ...

Cathy said...

Delicious!!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Yummy!! It all looks soooo delicious!! I'm glad I read this after eating my dinner.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

How I love to come to see what you are cooking up, whether in the kitchen or in the sewing room! That PARIS MASH looks so creamy and delicious!!! HAPPY SUNDAY MY DEAR! Anita

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Yummy looking cook up Dzintra...just finished my tea and am now looking for dessert...nom nom

Yvonne W said...

What a meal! I have noticed beef cheek recipes lately and found some at the butchers for the first time 2 weeks ago-- mind you, I have not been game to buy it! Maybe I will give it a try after seeing your attempt.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh my dear, the photo ALONE of the Paris mash makes my mouth water. I can imagine WELL how creamy smooth it is!!! Anita

Nat Palaskas said...

The tart looks so yummy. It makes me want to have desert, oh yum!

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

It all looks so yummy D, especially the Paris mash.
I can imagine your season of Winter is beginning to change now.
Say hello to Jojo too!
Susan x

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HEllo there precious one...thank YOU for visiting today, so quickly!!! KINDNESS DOES make magic!!! You make it every day that I see you....Anita

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...