This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Making Butter

I went to a Butter Making Demonstration and came back totally inspired to make some!  I have been meaning to make it for ages but when one wins a jar of this delicious 'real cream' that sealed the deal
Using Tilba Cream
That is so thick
a knife can just about stand up in it
Due to it's thickness it didn't take long at all to beat up
lovely, yellowey and creamy with no additives but a pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
The buttermilk resulting
And here 'tis.....making our own from now on
Just perfect!!!

Happy Weekend everyone......Dzintra

I've just read a post at Retromummy about being a Special Needs Mum........this really resonated with me and brought a tear to my eye.......especially when she talks about going up to her Sewing Room on the weekend......exactly what happens here while Mr Armchair keeps an eye on JoJo.......

Thank you Retromummy for this very heartfelt post......

For a very special verse on being a Special Needs Mum checkout the verse on my side bar written by another Special Needs Mum Emily Perl Kingsley.......she says it all

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow how good Dzintra to make your own butter i am going to try this,thankyou.xx

Diane-crewe said...

mmm don't think I will be having a go .. will leave you to carry on xx I am sure you need some down time .. and "me" time ... so don't feel guilty but enjoy x

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh yummmmm! I remember a very magical day when I was teaching first grade. We made butter that day, and I had NEVER made it before. We took cream and each child had a plastic jar of it. We just shook our jars and just shook them....then VOILÀ! WE HAD BUTTER! My teaching assistant was impressed by MY reaction because I had never made it, so all of the kids were equally excited. Magic.

ENJOY the richness my friend! Anita

Fiona said...

lovely to find that gorgeous cream... I always used to make my own butter when I lived on a farm which had a dairy... it's the best...
Hugz

Yvonne W said...

That poem is so clever and true, and the advice from Retromummy is great advice. A great gift to be able to verbalise what one feels.
That butter looks scrumptious. I have just made a date loaf which needs a spread of butter like that on it-- Yummm! Enjoy it.

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

Wow that cream is so thick, the cows must be so healthy. How long did you have to whip it for?
Will read the post you are referring to, thanks for the link.

Happy Monday Dzintra,
Bev.

Jenny said...

I love making things from scratch but thank God or the Western Star we can buy it.... LOL.

Rachaeldaisy said...

That butter sounds amazing!! It would be so nice to know there aren't preservatives or colouring. I'll pop over and read retro mummy's blog.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...