This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Catch Up Week....and 'Eye News'

I've been a little quiet on the blog front lately....turns out the iPad screen is playing havoc with my eyes and giving me headaches.......not just the screen but bright light outside and glare as well...... After a trip to the Optometrist I've been prescribed new lenses with anti-glare and been advised to have breaks from it all.......so looking forward to the new specs!  Meanwhile I am visiting everybody but not commenting everywhere!

I thought a little catch up was In order
Above is some secret sewing for Chooky's SSCS (Secret Santa Christmas Swap)
The big reveal will happen after Christmas when my Partner opens her gift

Meanwhile here's JoJo snipping some Snow Peas which are doing really well



I bought some garlic and onion from the Moruya Sage Markets


And then of course some garlic fell down and looked like a spaceship
Also I spilt the frozen peas all over the floor


Went to a Carer's Lunch today at The Grapevine Cafe and had the most delicious Chicken Salad with Avocado and Grapes.  Also check out the lovely (Market) Zucchini.......such lovely shapes!!!

Underneath is a pic of a Gluten Free Fingerlime and Coconut Tart also purchased at the Markets.....totally awesome!



Better sign off now......these poor old peepers are starting to spin
Till next time......Dzintra

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Dzintra hope your new glasses help you my friend and you duffer with the frozen peas all over the floor,lol,take care.xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Welcome "home" to Blogland dearest friend! Good to know that your situation can be helped out with new specs and a bit of a rest. WE MISS YOU! And those snow peas look crisp and wonderful!

Waiting to see your big reveal!!!

Liene said...

My experience with the iPad is if I use it in the evening I have a hard time falling asleep. Everything in moderation, right? Lovely to hear from you!

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's good you found out what was wrong with your eyes. I get eye strain if I spend too much time on the computer so I now try to do it in shorter time periods.
I like the way your onions landed like a space ship. JoJos snow peas must taste wonderful freshly picked from the garden. Your lunch out would have been lovely.

Susan said...

Hope your new glasses get you back online and stitching too.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I am sure the new goggles will be just what you need .,,nice sneaky peeks ...you take care xx Hi Jo Jo xx

Kath said...

Oh my, I am going to dream about that pie tonight....

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...