This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Thursday, February 11, 2016

~A Welcome Home Dinner....and a Book Win~


Phew, here we are into February and just starting to get back into Blogland....
When I came back from Paris and Latvija Hubby and JoJo offered to take me out for dinner to celebrate.......Well that was back in October and the dinner happened in January lol


I didn't take any photos of the dinner but I did afterwards
We went to a local place Starfish Deli and really enjoyed the views


Starfish deli is situated on the pristine waters of the Clyde River




Last weekend we had some Foie gras de canard entier that I brought home from Paris
I couldn't resist purchasing this on the banks of the Seine River at a Friday market
I had never had any before and probably never will again
Oh so delicious together with some Brillat Savarin Affine Fromage......a triple cream cheese from France .......oh so very very creamy
Imported by Calendar Cheese Company, Port Melbourne.

Also just before I went away I was lucky enough to win The Chocolate Promise and The Tea Chest by Josephine Moon.  The Chocolate Promise is set in Paris and Provence......2 places I was lucky enough to go to......

Thank You Josephine

I've realised this is my 500th post so I think a little giveaway is in order
I'll be back soon with that

One more day till the weekend woo hoo
Enjoy.......I think I'll be going down to the beach as it's been so hot!!!

Have a good one......Dzintra xo


13 comments:

Janice said...

What a tough life you have. It looks lovely

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HELLO DZINTRA! I am in a rush here, but I wanted to come by to just say hello. Enjoy your day!

KimM said...

HEH! Welcome back - loved the pictures of the storm coming in. And congrats on your book win.
Hugs
xxx

RitaGri said...

Vakariņas skaistā vietā! Ak, franču siers - tādu es arī atvedu kā ciemakukuli no Parīzes, bet zosu aknu pastēti gan vēl neesmu pagaršojusi.
Visu labu šai februārī!

Liene said...

Love the cheese board - it caught my eye because the Auvergne (home to the blue cheese of the same name) is where we lived. I think bleue d'Auvergne is one that's on the US banned cheese list, so we won't be enjoying it anytime soon, with or without foie gras! Glad you are enjoying these vestiges of your trip!

Diane-crewe said...

well... you had to wait for your welcome home dinner.. BUT.. my goodness it looks worth it x

Anonymous said...

Hi Dzintra ,wow you always have the most amazing food on your blog,i love the pics,looks like a lovely place,congrats on your book win my friend xx

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

Wow the cheese sounds so yummy, my mouth is watering. How lovely to have a meal out, the setting looks perfect. I have read The Tea Chest and thoroughly enjoyed it, didn't realise she has a new book out, will have to look for it.

Happy 500th post.
Bev.

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a gorgeous view. Thanks for sharing it. Lots of delicious treats you've enjoyed. Happy 500th post xx

Susan said...

Looks like a beautiful location for dinner and a stroll! Great books, I liked the Tea Chest. 500 posts is huge, well done.

Susan said...

Lovely view for dinner - or any time...I am salivating at the thought of that food you brought home.
Congrats on 500 posts...

Rachaeldaisy said...

Congratulations on 500 posts!! thats a huge acheivement!! Clyde River looks beautiful, a lovely setting for dinner. Those books looks great, what a lucky prize to win.

kiwikid said...

What a beautiful setting for dinner or a wander after dinner. Well done on the book win I ejoyed the Tea house.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...