This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Saturday, May 11, 2013

*Cook Up (No 21) with Donna Hay and ~Irina~


Above is a pic of the parsley fresh from the garden that I used in my Cook Up


from donna hay magazine Issue 67 Feb/March 2013
Potato Crisp, Fennel and Prawn Salad with Mustard and Cayenne Dressing


the wine


I have to admit this is the first time I have actually bought a fennel bulb and cooked with it
and what a surprise it was......Mr Armchair and JoJo agreed we'll have to have it more often



And tah-dah all finished
A lovely light dish which is easy to make and put together plus a perfect one for warm evenings
I think we'll have to have this one again come Summertime!

I look forward to your next Cook Up Irina and seeing what you choose!!!
Anyone else who wants to join us just drop me an email
All you have to do is cook one dish from donna's magazine and blog it

And to all the Mums out there

* HA P P Y   M O T H E R' S    DAY   F O R  S U N D A Y *
 I hope your family spoils you and that you have a lovely relaxing day 
and of course something nice to eat!!!

Bon Appetit......Dzintra xo

16 comments:

Cheryll said...

And a very HaPPy Mothers Day to you too!!! :)

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

You had me when there were prawns. This dish looks delicious. I haven't had fennel either, I guess you need to get it when it is really fresh.

Have a lovely day.
Bev.

Gillie said...

You, Miss Dzintra, have missed your calling, lol, a food stylist is definitely your next career move. Looks mouthwatering! Will have to buy an electronic copy of the magazine as it is a sloooooow boat that brings them here!

Gillie said...

Oops, and HMD to you too!

Susan said...

Love seeing your cooking adventures. It looks scrumptious. I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow too.

Yvonne W said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too. That meal looks fabulous. I have not used fennel bulb before either-- must try it one of these days.

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day Dzintra I'm sure Your Lovely Family will Give You a Great Day.
Love a Prawn Dish
Cheers

Domesblissity said...

That looks delicious Dzintra. I love fennel and using it in salads. I'll try this.

Anne xx

Palomasea said...

Dearest Dzintra...I pray all is well and you are feeling fabulous for Mother's Day! And yes...pampering, love, and joy to you...what a magnificent Mommy you are!!

Thank you, my friend, for the sweet mention here....what a scrumptious salad...
I need to catch up and get cooking! ;)
Much love,
- Irina

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks so nice...yummo....Happy Mummy's Day...x

Sue-Anne said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too Dzintra. Your cooking is amazing, looks just like a restaurant dish!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning precious friend! OHHHHH to know that my dear Irina who lives only miles away from me, has made this connection with YOU! And I still have to go out and buy fennel; I hear it has a surprizingly wonderful taste, like licorice?

Everything you make and photograph looks absolutely lovely. I must ask Irina how it tasted! LOVE TO YOU and Happy Mother's Day! Anita

Jeni said...

Looks so good .must put my hat on see you soon hugs

Fiona said...

sounds yummy.... I have used fennel a few times... quite a fun taste...
happy moms day...
Hugz

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love fennel - one of my very favourite vegies. Your dish looks delicious!! I love the photo of the herbs against the polka dot background. I make a nice pasta bake with lightly steamed fennel pieces, 1 chopped tomato, some ricotta and cooked pasta, throw in some olives and herbs, mix it up, put some cheese on top and bake.

Red Rose Alley said...

All these dishes look amazing. I am part Greek, so I love good food, and I enjoyed browsing through your recipes - thank you for sharing.

~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...