This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Sunday, January 31, 2016

~OPAM (One Project A Month)......January


After umming and wondering if I would join OPAM again for another year I finally decided yes I will
I still have a few projects left that have been stitched and need finishing
Why oh why does it take so long to get 'round to it
I think I know the answer to that
In my case I love to start projects


We had our little Grandie here along with her brother for a week
She is keen on being a Designer of Fashion for Pop.........and she has been backstage she tells me!!!
I bought her some fabric pens and she chose the colours above for a pouch for her Pens
While she was here she designed a bag and a skirt!!!


Finished little case with her name on it


Here she is getting out a tape measure and chalk that her Mum popped into my Christmas stocking
So nice that these were used on a project for her


Looking at felts......her favourite colour is pink
Next up she chose a Pin Cushion for me to make
Here we drew out the flower so I could see what colours she wanted to use
Yep, you guessed it......pink had to be in it


And here is Lidija presenting her little Pin Cushion
Pattern by Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched


Ane here they are together


While I was at it I thought I would make up another 3 in her chosen colours
I call them Lidi's Pin Cushions



A litte Needlecase here and another Pin Cushion
This pattern by Marg Low purchase in Sydney and started back in 2012 at my First Blog Meet
It's only been sitting there for about 3 years waiting for a finish



And while the going was good I added 3 little bags
Fabric by Anni Downs

So total for the month is 5 Pin Cushions
        1 Needlebook and 1 Pen Pouch
3 Little Bags making a total of 10
Boy, that's a record for me!!!

Thank you so much Sweet Peg and Kris for hosting OPAM again for another year
Lets see what I can do next month!!!

Have a great week......Dzintra

9 comments:

Janice said...

Wow! You have had a productive month. It must be so much fun with Lidija enjoying playing with fabric, colour and design.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh goodness gracious, how CUTE! AND THE BIRDIE MOTIF! What darling, darling designs! Sweet Dzintra, you know how I feel about your sewing projects; memories of my mum come back so vividly. It was in these sewing moments with her that I will never forget her nimble fingers, her inventiveness. Like Liddie, I too invented things and was so proud. Enjoy your year of participating. It's always good to keep connected with the likeminded souls around you!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

massive woo hoo again......and they are amazing....Looks like Liddie had a ball xxxx

Michelle Ridgway said...

How lovely to have your very own cute as anything designer! Lovely finishes xx

Susan said...

For someone who wasn't sure if they would join in again - you certainly came up trumps!

Diane-crewe said...

good start on the 2016 projects there and how wonderful to have a little helper to make the time fly by xx

RitaGri said...

Patīkami šūt saviem mīļajiem.

Fiona said...

lovely to get those done and your grandie girl did wonderful too
Hugz

Jenny said...

Nice pin cushions by you and your little grandaughter

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...