This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

~OPAM~ One Project A Month.......June 2013


2 small items for OPAM this month
one is a little pin cushion that has been sitting around for about 2 years waiting for the backstitch and stuffing to be inserted after joining front and back
The other is a fat 1/4 that a specifically bought to use for a headband


The pin cushion took no time at all to put together......the front


and the back


Gorgeous 'dusty' acqua floral La Belle Fleur fabric by French General for Moda



I have a few fat 1/4's I use for headbands but this is actually the first time I have hemmed the edges...... and it looks great too!!!

Thank you to Peg and Kath for hosting OPAM......I love trying to get a little something done each month!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful Dzintra,well done.xx

Margaret Stickland said...

Don't you just love to finish off those little or big things that have been hanging around, and it looks great,

Nat Palaskas said...

You are fantastic with your OPAM project Dzintra. I love that pink ribbon pincushion - Have a good day - Hugs
Nat

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your pin cushion is so sweet, congratulations for getting it finished. I'm in love with that fabric!!! It makes a beautiful head band.

Susan said...

Very cute finishes. That fabric makes a gorgeous headband.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ooo....little pincushions! I have a mad passion for small and beautifully made items as such my sweet! AND I SEE you were able to get into my blog, finally! Thank you so much for coming to have a virtual visit and chat. It is always so good to see you dear friend! STITCH AWAY! Anita

Anonymous said...

Very nice~ I love the french fabric~ ♥♥♥

Domesblissity said...

Gorgeous fabric Dzintra. I love those little pin cushions. They come in so handy.

Anne xx

Googy Girl said...

Gorgeous hair band, I love "le belle fleur" I was actually drooling over a layer cake last night....

Super cute pincushion, congrats on you Obama finishes

Fiona said...

love the idea for the head band and that is such a pretty fabric...
amazing how a little something can wait around so long to be a quick finish! haha...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful xx

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...