This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Saturday, March 8, 2014

~Cooking with donna hay......and Irina~


A few weeks ago saw me doing another cook-up from donna hay magazine Issue 72 Dec/Jan 2014
above is one pic of the Watermelon, Raspberry and Coconut Liqueur Granita


The Menu was

~Watermelon, Raspberry and Coconut Liqueur Granita~
~Hummus with Spiced Crispy Chickpeas~

~Char-Grilled Lamb Cutlets with Corn and Zucchini Salad~

~Caramel Floating Island Cake with Caramelized Peaches~


Delicious fruit ready for blending


Granita after some hours in the freezer


Donna's version


This is my version along with the one in the top pic
Just different glasses



Very delicious Hummus


The Zucchini Salad


had Char-Grilled Corn tossed through it


Donna's version


And a few of my versions





A bit of dressing on these Cutlets


Peaches Caramelizing



And this extremely delicious Caramel Floating Island Cake


together with half a peach




Needless to say we all had seconds......to go with the Peaches of course!!!

Irina has joined me in these cook-ups and we are having fun doing them and eagerly awaiting to see what the other does!!!  To see what Irina has been cooking go over here

If anyone would like to join us drop me a line
All easy-peasy
just cook up something from the latest issue and blog it!!1

Bon Appetit,
Dzintra

8 comments:

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

I've got dibs on a place at your table, next time you do a cook up like this!!!!!!

Susan said...

It all looks absolutely scrumptious......very clever.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh good gracious, you are covering so many good things here, I don't know where to begin....

OK, that granita. I have done something similar, but only with watermelon and PLUMS and crushed ice. I drank so much of it one summer I got heartburn, something I've only had once in my life! But what a way to go...hahahahhahaha

Then your roasted corn. Oh let me tell you, we love roasted corn. On our honeymoon (now 32 years ago this past Thursday), we camped out at Big Sur, California and made roasted corn under the stars. Then there are those carmelized peaches...my favorite. All I can remember is how my mother made her fresh peach pie and the run off from the sugars was my favorite part.

HAPPY COOKING MY FRIEND!

Jenny said...

that all looks so yummy . Just loved bakes stone fruits
see you soon

Rachaeldaisy said...

I think this is my favourite of your Donna Hay dinners so far!! Each of those dishes sound exceptionally tasty!! Floating Island peach cake would be so delicious!!

DAWNIE said...

Looks yummo. I made lots from her xmas edition and was a big success too

Palomasea said...

And there you did it! :)
Dzintra, oh my goodness, it all looks so incredible!
You are indeed an artist in the kitchen....and I love how you make some of the more daring dishes...
The granita looks so refreshing...must have been perfect on a hot day...the hummus, salad, chops...all beautiful...Brava!
And the dessert! Made me want to lick the screen... :)))
Thank you again, dear friend, for including me in this exciting collaboration...I can't wait to get the new issue....
We are getting more and more produce in the stores now...the Farmer's Markets are not in full swing until July....so fresh ingredients can be a challenge.
I'm sure I'll find some delectable recipes...so excited!
Love to you and Bon Appetit!
- Irina

Gillie said...

Set another place for me too, please......
I have this vision of poor Jo Jo and poor Mr Armchair sitting patiently waiting while you click merrily away! Seriously, you have great talent..... It looks delicious!

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...