This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

OPAM...One Project A Month....September!!!







Oops, I nearly didn't have an OPAM ready for this month...until yesterday!!!
I went to a workshop to learn how to use the BSR (Bernina Stitch Regulator) on my nearly new sewing machine...We were going to make a small evening bag...


Here is our little pack...some black and maroon fabric...piping chord...shrinking fabric (never heard of that before!!!)...


 Black thread on the top spool...
I set out to make flowers but just couldn't do it...
never mind, it was just petals and swirls!!!
this is the first time I have tried the BSR...





and silver thread in the bobbin case....this is the underside...
after BSR'ing you iron the stitched fabric and it shrinks...
Magic!!!




Bag all assembled...


The lining...


A bit of bling on top and I'm all ready!!!


A plain black headband purchased this week...


And me being a 'more is more' type I put a rose and feathers on one side of it...


And here they are together...and I love them...
Now just need to go somewhere!!!

Thanks to Peg and Kris for hosting OPAM...
I get at least one thing a month finished that I probably wouldn't have!!!

16 comments:

Notjustnat said...

The end results are gorgeous. They will be perfect for one of your theatre night out - Hugs Nat

Maree: said...

I Love Both how Clever is that Shrinking...
Well Done.
cheers

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH now isn't this DIVINE!! SEE! See what I am missing not having a Bernina? Ohhhh, you did wonders here dearest!

HOW IS THE ARM? BETTER?

Thank you so much for coming my way...Oh how I was so frustrated to lose my POST and PICTURES that I worked so hard to get!!

Exhale....ahhh..! Anita

Simone de Klerk said...

Wow, Dzintra, I just love your bag. Very very pretty. For a real dame!

Kath said...

OOh so do I!
You did a great job!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow....you are so talented Dzintra they are lovely

Terry said...

It's always a BUZZ when you learn to do something new with a friend.

Great Results. Now remember Race Day is next month if you need an occassion.

a good yarn said...

That looks fantastic Dzintra! There's more fun to be had with your Bernina, that's for sure. ann :-)

Astrid said...

WOW! It's gorgeous! Your 'first try' FMQ is VERY GOOD! I know how difficult it is. It's all about practicing! Ah, so that is how it works with the 'shrinking fabric' - love how it ended up!

Rachaeldaisy said...

This whole post is full of cleverness!! I thought your quilting looked great, I could see some flowers in there! How amazing it was then turned in to a bag! Your head band is so pretty too!! Your husband should take you out on a hot date!

rosie said...

Dzintra, your bag is gorgeous... I have heard of shrinking fabric, it's always my stash before I go to the shops!!!!

Fiona said...

Wow Dzintra - They're both gorgeous !! Well Done.

Hugs - Fee XX

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

This is so you. Enjoy your bag on your next evening out.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Nezzy said...

Well just blow me off the haywagon...this is just fabulous. I am truly quite smitten with the headband!

How's your arm doin' sweetie???

God bless ya and have a magnificent day! :o)

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

So gorgeous!!! Maybe Mr. Armchair will give you reason to wear them both. I hope spring is making you happy right now (: xxx Vicki

catita said...

Next time i see you, i will steal that bag and headband from you
Xoxoxo

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...