This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

New Fabric...Patterns and Book!!!

I'm loving the repro fabrics at the moment...
I ordered a small bundle of fat 1/4s from Fee...they came tied up with a little ribbon...



along with this gorgeous teal colour fabric...


and this Layer Cake which I had ordered another time...
I just love the darker colours at the moment...
maybe it's something to do with the weather not warming up quick enough!!!
I'm just hanging in here for a 'salty blue day'...


Fee also sent me this pattern as a surprise...'Home is Where my Heart Is'
Such a lovely package all together...
Thank you so much dear Fee...I love it!!!

Fee has some great stuff for sale at the moment and all at reasonable prices so hop on over here and have a look!!!




I've also had a little Anni Downs shopping spree as well!!!
The new book 'Some Kind of Wonderful'...from Sarah...



Some new patterns...


And this wonderful Doorstop Kit from Jukejema Quilting Barn that as soon as I saw I had to have...

 

and it's all lighter colours but oh so lovely and homey and comforting...


just like this apron I saw...
as I sit here with a swollen knee..perhaps a good excuse to just keep creating!!!
Thank goodness Mr Armchair is here to help out with JoJo as I hobble around...

Happy Creating...Dzintra

17 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

Looks like your stash has grown substantially, plenty of work to keep you busy!!

Astrid said...

You won't sit idle after buying all this! :) Lovely fabrics and patterns! Love the fabrics you have bought! I wonder what you're going to make - any idea? Wonderful weekend to you all and speedy recovery on your knee!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gee you get some lovely things in the mail Dzintra...

Kath said...

yummee fabrics. I love those plummy and rusty colours- so homey and snuggly.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Youve had a great haul of lovely things this week!! We'll be seeing some beautiful creations in the weeks to come! Hope your knee gets better soon!!

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely shopping..........hope the knee is better.......(well only if you want it to be better.......

Fee said...

I am so pleased that you love your new fabrics - Love your kit oo - Gorgeous.

Hugs - Fee X

Simone de Klerk said...

Some kind of wonderful, your post, Dzintra!! So many goodies to look at.
Hope your knee is well soon!

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

You have some beautiful fabrics and book. Love that apron,hope your knee is better soon.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING MY DARLING FRIEND!

You know, I love fabric. And the one that you sent me with Peter and his friends? I just love to touch it and look at the darling images and remember that that swatch came from afar....enjoy and KEEP CALM AND CREATE!!! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

And a hearty and loving cheer back to you dearest....Anita

Carmen El costurero con duende said...

Hola Ingrid, soy de Badajoz (España)
He visitado tu blog y me gusta mucho todo lo que haces. Tienes mucho talento, te felicito.
Me alegraría que visitaras mi blog.
http://elcostureroconduende.blogspot.com/
No he podido hacerme tu seguidora, pero te he puesto en mi lista de blogs preferidos.
Un gran abrazo.

Terry said...

A great selection of creative inspiration and fabric. I'm looking forward to all the fun stuff.

Deb said...

You make me want to SHOP!! what luscious delights you have posted. I am on a fabric diet, I have to loose a few pounds of cotton!
but your stuff is so gorgous!! I think I better get off line it is just too tempting.

Thanks for the show of great purchases

Palomasea said...

Dear Dzintra,

Thank you so much for your visit, and for your very kind words!
Sweet Anita is indeed such a special friend!

You have a lovely blog, and I must say how wonderfully lucky you are to be so close to the sea..just beautiful!

Blessings to you,
- Irina

Fer said...

You've got some lovely treats there!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Looks like ya have all you need to keep ya busy this winter. I just love the colors in that first batch and can't wait to see all the beauties you create with your treasures!!!

Prayin' for your knee sweetie!!! Bummer!

God bless and enjoy your week!!! :o)

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...