This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

In My Secret Garden Love Flows...An Enchanted Magical Garden!!!

In my secret garden love flows says this little stitchery...from The Patchwork Cow... that I did a while back... And a couple of weeks back on my birthday we took a trip to Foxglove Spires at Tilba on the South Coast of New South Wales and saw the most enchanting, magical garden...little secret gardens...candlebra...chairs...a dove house...just magic!!! I just fell in love with it all and would love to go back once a Season to watch Nature unveil for the following Season...
Entrance to The Spires Nursery, Love at First Bite Cafe, Tilba Forget Me Not Gifts and the Pineapple House...

Going up the pathway...

and into the shop...gorgeous glasses in all colours...

After getting tickets the entrance to Foxglove Spires...

A pond in the background with little teardrops (not sure if that's the right name for them) sitting on top...there were a few ducks there as well...all so lush and green...

Steps...

Another tunnel...

Candlebra...there were quite a few candles scattered throughout the garden...so romantic...sigh...
This garden is on 3 and a half acres...and started in 1984...it was just paddocks to start with...

Another secret place...

More secrets...you could actually walk through here...




A garden folly 'The Ruins of a Church' added an air of mystery and enhanced the romantic theme...

The 'ruins' on one side of the pond...


More of the 'ruins'...
I took my book that I received for my birthday...Velvet and Pears by Susan Southam...owner of this magical place and was so lucky to be able to have it signed by her...Thank You Susan...
And Annabelle and Vicki I couldn't help but think of you both while wandering through this very very special place...
And to all the Mums...Maminas (Latvian) out there, and Grandmas...Vecmaminas...I wish you all a very Happy Mother's Day for Sunday...I hope that your day is filled with love...Dzintra ♥♥♥
And just in time for Mother's Day visit Fiona who is having a giveaway celebrating her 50th post...Good Luck!!!

18 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

I will be the first to chip in this time!!! It looks great Dzintra, where about it that place? So lush and green, it looks like being in Europe!

Jeni said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh after reading about this gorgeous garden ...I wish I was a little girl... skipping up the garden path and finding secret places... to sit & talk to the garden fairies..thanks for the tour
hugs

Anonymous said...

What a magical place. Like you, I would love to see it in all the different seasons. Thank you for sharing such a unique and special place with us. Blessings to you on Mother's Day.

vicki archer said...

What an enchanted garden Dzintra, absolutely magical. You have a wonderful day on Sunday with your family. xv

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely stitchery, Dzintra! And thank you for taking us on this wonderful walk! I really enjoyed it (O:

Kath said...

What lovely photos, thankyou for sharing! love Kath

Fer said...

What an enchanting place! You're right, you'd have to go back and visit at the height of each season. Even in winter I'm sure it would look beautiful.

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

Dzintra,
~Happy Mother's Day~
What a beautiful place. Thank you for taking us on the path with you. I love secret garden spots, and have tried to create a few of them in my own garden ... but somehow they always end up not so secret and stuck full of practical things like onions, peas, or even artichokes. I especially liked the picture of the water fountain and pond. My hubby has promised me one... some day. (:

a good yarn said...

I haven't been to Tilba in such a long time, thank you for sharing your visit Dzintra. Everything looks so lovely. That's such a sweet stitchery! Have a wonderful Mother's Day and pleasant weekend...Ann :)

Micki said...

That is one trip that I would have loved! I really have a love of magical places that have secret trails and wonderful garden paths. It looked magical for sure.
The pics are great!
Micki

Willow Grove - Kez said...

How gorgeous. I love enchanted gardens. I read book to my girls about enchanted gardens. It would be lovely to see one. On day. Thanks for sharing your photos

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! What a magical place to visit! Ohhhhhhh! I have "Visiting Envy"! :-))))

Please do share with us again, when you return. -happy sigh-

'Aunt Amelia'
Dear you,~
Aunt Amelia's Attic

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Happy Mothers Day 2009
Hope you have had a fab day.
Andrea

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Your garden tour is indeed a place of enchantment.
And though the hours of the day are coming to an end there I hope your Mother's day was wonderful!
xo Susan

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello sweet lady from down under! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words of encouragement. I think that I can see that little plastic dolly with new eyes since your kind words. I have always wept profusely when I see it, but if I think of the positive aspect of it, I can look it straight in it's blue eyes!! WHAT A MAGICAL POST YOU HAVE MADE! Don't you just love magic gardens? Oh, and to sit in one and sip tea. I shall do that right now! Merci beaucoup and I wish you the best day with your family! Anita P.S. I am sending your blessings from my harp: Clair de Lune! Anita

Sandi said...

What a beautiful garden to visit, thankyou for taking us for a walk along it's secret pathways.

Annabelle said...

Lovely to think of me Dzintra! I adore Secret gardens. This was a real treat.
Hugs Annabelle

Bev C said...

Thanks for the garden walk. I saw this book at a book shop recently. I have ordered it from the library then I will go and buy it. It is a beautiful and inspiring book. A great one to add to my collection. Happy days.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...