This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Sunday, March 1, 2015

~OPAM (One Project A Month) February~



One small item this month for OPAM
'Some Kind of Wonderful' Needle book (a giveaway win from Deb at Frog Cottage Designs) by Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched


Inside the case


The thread specified was Weeks Dye Works Stone Floss which I didn't have
so I looked up the Conversion Chart and used DMC 840 and 3740 which gave a lovely stone/mauve effect.  


And the back.
Thank you again Sweet Peg and Partner in Crime Kris for hosting OPAM once again this year!!!

14 comments:

Susan said...

Such a sweet finish and so useful too. Perfect for carrying your needles to Nundle!

Chookyblue...... said...

looks great......must get mine finished.......

Rachaeldaisy said...

That is the sweetest needle book. What a lovely finish for February.

Anonymous said...

hi Dzintra I love your new needle case,well done on your beautiful finish xx

Simone Harding said...

Gorgeous

RitaGri said...

Kāds jauks un rokdarbiem noderīgs maciņš!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

And I was also just thinking of YOU, and here you are! HOw I love these little cases, always bringing me one stitch closer to my mum....

HAPPY SUNDAY DZINTRA!

KimM said...

Oh, how clever. I love, LOVE it! Well done -
xxx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow...that is gorgeous...love it...not long now and I can give you one super hug....xxxxx

Fiona said...

such a lovely needlecase...

Hugz

Nat Palaskas said...

Nice needle book/case! I love them and have been collecting for years now. Have a nice week - Hugs Nat

Jenny said...

Very nice.. see you soon

Dawnie said...

Oh this so looks lovely. It has inspired me to get on with my one

Anthea said...

Hi Dzintra!
Your needlebook is super cute - I like your idea with using the DMC combo for your colour of thread.
I really should make that myself some day!
Bye for now, Anthea

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...