This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Thursday, October 2, 2014

~OPAM (One Project A Month) September 2014~



2 small items completed this month
The first above is a pin cushion designed by Natalie Bird of Birdhouse Designs






The pattern is above and is the first item received in a Tilda Club I joined recently
I was determined to start straight away and then finish this little pretty and I hope to continue to do that with all the bi-monthly postings in this Club


Lovely fabric


which included cotton lace and ribbon along with the pattern.


I also completed this little Happy Heart (after it sat around for about 4 years)


and popped in some pip berries


just like the pattern designed by Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched

Thank you Sweet Peg and Kris for organizing OPAM once again this year!!!

I haven't been able to rock around and comment on everyone's blogs lately
Just so busy tied up with having the little Grandies here and JoJo but I do get around and have a quick read to see what everyone is up to.  

Hope all you OPAMer's out there had a great month
Dzintra xo

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dzintra your pin cushion is gorgeous and so is your little hanging heart.well done my friend and enjoy your time with the grandies.xx

RitaGri said...

Jauki mazi darbiņi!

Grethe said...

Lovely pin cushion as well as a pretty heart! Glad I have the OPAM, gives a big push to doing my UFOs, Happy Sewing Dzintra :-)

Rachaeldaisy said...

That pincushion is so lovely!! It's fun that each side is decorated in a different way, and the fabrics are so pretty. I love the heart!!! It looks wonderful with the decorative branches coming out of it!

Fiona said...

gorgeous little pincushion... I think there will be lovely projects in that series.... love your little heart hanger... enjoy the time with family....
Hugz

Susan said...

Too cute for pins! Love your little heart too, very sweet, and worth the wait.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Both your projects are so lovely Dzintra...love the pincushion.

Kath said...

your makes are always so pretty!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

wow.....how gorgeous are these well done Dzintra
xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Such sweet care goes into all of your designs and those of your kind friends. Oh Dzintra, I wish you could see the memories that flash by my eyes when I see your work. I see my mother's crafty designs all over again, and they "hug" me. Thank you.

Astrid said...

Love your pincushion and heart hanger, so beautiful with the red berries.
Have a great Sunday!

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...