I recently went in and did another Cooking Session with JoJo's Day Programme
This time the recipe was Beetroot and Goat's Cheese Risotto
from a now defunct Australian Good Food magazine
How I miss this magazine!!!
The pink rice caused quite a stir amongst the group LOL!!!
Top with Parsley when done and it really is a delicious meal but then again I love beetroot!!!
Some of the gang helped decorate it!!!
Beetroot & Goat's Cheese Risotto
Prep 5 m, Cook 30m
Gluten Free/Dairy Free
* 450g can whole baby beets (real ones prepared can be used as well)
* 21/2 C Chicken Stock.....I used Massel Gluten Free
* 25g butter.......can use olive oil, coconut oil or your favourite
* 1 chopped onion
* 2 crushed garlic cloves
* 2 C Arborio Rice
* 200g soft Goat's Cheese
* Parsley to garnish
* Drain beetroot, reserve liquid
* Coarsley chop beetroot and set aside
* Add stock to reserved liquid
* Heat butter/oil in large saucepan on medium heat
* Add onion, cook 5m until softened
* Add garlic cloves, cook till fragrant......1m
* Add rice and stir to combine
* Add stock, 1/2C at a time and cook 20-25m until liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender
* Add beetroot and goat's cheese, cook 1-2m until heated through
* Top with more cheese if desired and garnish with the parsley
A lovely, lovely Risotto!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking.....Dzintra