This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Saturday, August 31, 2013

~Canberra Craft and Quilt Fair 2013~



I went up to the Quilt Fair a couple of weeks ago in Canberra and saw the Heart above as part of an exhibition entitled Hearts and Flowers


I came across a BOM (Block of the Month) by Yoko Saito being offered by one of the stands
For some images I found on the net for Yoko's work look over here




Somerset Patchwork from Victoria had a stand there
Somerset specializes in reproduction fabrics and patterns


On exhibition were some wonderful quilts
This one took out quite a few awards








I thought of you Geo (no blog) with this one



I loved this bottle one


My purchases included some fabric from Studio Mio


this little glasses case


a little kit and pattern


and I couldn't resist this little wallhanging!!!
A great show with lots to look at!!!

16 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DZINTRA! I LITERALLY SAW YOUR COMMENT POP UP! I was just about to visit this new post, as I am barely getting to my blog visits NOW!

Let me just say that these designs are so heartwarming. Quilting is a very tedious but magnificent art form. The amount of care and work necessary to create images can be such a great SOCIAL experience. Creating and showcasing in community is splendid. I too love the one with the bottles as I also love them all....but the last one? PERFECT to hang in an entrance way to welcome your guests.

Precious friend, I hope your spring and summer are off to a great start, with YOU being healthy? I HOPE? How are you feeling?

School starts on Tuesday for us! All this week I have been extremely busy with preparations and meetings. I am so excited to get started and work through a year of teaching what I love the most: FRENCH.

Be well and enjoy the day! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh.....bless you for visiting my obscure little poetry-sharing blog. I hope to continue with classes at this organization in December! MERCI MON AMIE! Anita

Anonymous said...

thankyou for sharing Dzintra,such lovely work.xx

Judith said...

Thanks for showing us all these lovely quilt's! Enjoy your weekend! Or should i say, goodnight! Goodmorning enjoy your sunday!

Kath said...

what a lot of lovely photos!
I'm glad you didn't say "I thought of you Kath with this one" (the rows of bottles)LOL
I was particularly interested by the quilts with many borders, I am very drawn to making something like that at some time in the future.
I'm glad you took home some nice treats for yourself.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos and purchases! The glass case is lovely, so is the wall hanging. Have a lovely Sunday!

Susan said...

So much inspiration at the craft show. Just makes you want to go home and start sewing! Lovely purchases.

Fiona said...

shows like that are so full of inspiration and lovely tempting fun.... lovely....
Hugz

Lurline said...

Love your shopping choices - classy! Nice to see what is about in the East, thanks!
Hugs - Lurline xx

Domesblissity said...

Some of those quilts are amazing Dzintra. My local show is on next weekend and I can't wait to see it.

Anne xx

Grethe said...

Lovely showing, thanks a lot, Dzintra! Like the "japaneese" houses!

Rachaeldaisy said...

How lovely to start with a heart. All those hearts and flowers look wonderful. I'm always so impressed by Somerset's stand in Sydney, their quilts are so beautiful. It's great to see the Show Quilts, the bottle one is very you with your love of cooking and fine wine. You found some great fabrics and kits. Thanks for sharing the show with us.

annemariesquilt said...

Thanks for sharing !!
Some amazing work here :-)

Nat Palaskas said...

It look like a fun show. Yoko Saito is a famous quilter I got one of her book as well. Some of those quilts are gorgeous - Hugs Nat

Tatkis said...

Wonderful show - amazing quilts!
You've bought some lovely things :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Palomasea said...

They are all extraordinary works of art, dear friend!!
I hope to share the quilts from the fair very soon...
xoxo

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...