This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Monday, December 3, 2012

~Lunch with Adriano Zumbo at Rick Stein at Bannisters~~


We are back at Rick Stein at Bannister's again this year...
we were there earlier this year to celebrate Mr Armchair's special birthday....
(read about it over here)
This time for Lunch and a Book Signing with none other than the one and only Adriano Zumbo


The table


The Menu


The view


The wine



A Salad of Lobster, Avocado, Green Beans and Foie-Gras


Grilled Fillet of Barramundi with Clams, Peas, Asparagus and Parsley
Nothing is too much trouble at this Restaurant......my version is a gluten free one......the difference between this and others is the Sauce
Often I have experienced gluten free version meals at other places......yep, all without the sauce
I even had gluten free bread as opposed to other places......they just leave you with an empty plate


The Macaron Master himself......Zumbo giving us Question and Answer time


Signing his books 


Even got a pic of him and me


Amaretto Creme Brulee with New Season's Berries


The Macarons for our table


and here they are with his book as a backdrop


Turning the yellow one over it was all golden......how beautiful I thought

We had a lovely lunch......met other Zumbo fans......JoJo was cared for by Respite Care......what a great  day to kick back and be fussed over
Thank you so much Rick Stein at Bannister's......you've done it again
Howcome everytime we go there I get addicted to seafood all over again!!!
Bon Appetit......Dzintra

17 comments:

Sacha said...

A n'en pas douter tu as passé une très belle journée ( le menu très gourmand et ses vins sont très tentants ) merci pour ce délicieux billet
Bonne journée
Sacha

Unknown said...

What a Great Day and even a Piccie..Lucky You.
Cheers

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dearest one! You have the most beautiful restaurants out there! That golden macaroon is so stunning and look at the backdrop of your weather! FANTASTIC! Happy holidays to you precious! Anita

Susan said...

Oh you lucky girl. I love Adriano and his macarons.....hope I get his book for Christmas. It looks like it was a very special lunch. Were you starstruck?

Jeni said...

What a great day you all had ...table looks so inviting
Happy Birthday to Mr ArmChair

Fiona said...

oh wow... it all looks fantastic.... I think I need to spend some time with you!!!!
Hugz

Sandi said...

The perfect day out! It all looks so inviting, lucky you!

Nat Palaskas said...

What a great day and life by the sea! Love the look of those macaroons...

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Yummy food in this post and to die for quilts in the last.
Hope you're staying cool, I see Sydney's having a heatwave!
Susan x

Chookyblue...... said...

what a great day out..........

Palomasea said...

How wonderful...what a fabulous experience, dearest Dzintra!
Beautiful photo of the two of you...the view, the food...and that gilded macaron...perfection!
Hugs,
- Irina

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

PRECIOUS DZINTRA!

It is warm and breezy out your way? Ahhhhh....what a lovely Christmas indeed! And yes, your lovely dinners and outings are so lovely and I live vicariously through them!!!!

We are counting down the days for the big celebration but I am working a lot these days on my paper commissions and I am enjoying it very much. I am so thankful for a year of developing more and more ideas and finding new doors to walk through, hopefully leading to more exciting places to develop my creativity. I hope you have many more THEATRICAL experiences this new year!

Now to get started on the day! LOVE TO YOU! Anita

Palomasea said...

Hugs to dear friends here....
I think your warm breezes are working, sweet Dzintra...we are balmy and sunny here! :))
Love,
- Irina

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

Now is that photo of you and the Macaroon King going to be your Christmas Card photo??? Oh my goodness you must have had the best day. You deserve it.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Anita said...

What a treat! Looks like a gorgeous place.

Joolz said...

I've just popped over from Rhonda Jean's blog - we share a love of food and food photography I think! I am always taking pics of meals when we go out - it drives my hubby mad!
My sister has a daughter (32) who has Cerebral Palsy and they care for her in their home. It is a very hard job and is certainly getting harder for them as they get older (mid 50's) with lifting etc.

You have a lovely blog, I'm so pleased I found you.

Cheers - Joolz

Unknown said...

Oh my god!! Yum, yum, yum! We actually stayed right near there a few weeks ago! Adriano Zumbo is a bit of alright, isn't he! And those macarons look absolutely to die for! Feeling very jealous! :-) Lucy from Bake Play Smile

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...