This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Monday, May 7, 2012

Cook up with Vicki and Donna Hay (No 15)...Spiced Lemon Chicken, Creamed Corn Polenta and Sticky Date Pudding

My latest Cook Up with Vicki from Donna Hay magazine...

Menu was...Spiced Lemon Chicken
Creamed Corn Polenta
Sticky Date Pudding (adapted using gluten free self raising flour and rapadura sugar)





Creamed Corn Polenta from this issue...



Sticky Date Pudding from this issue...


Rapadura Sugar and Butter melting...


Pudding cooked...


Texture and colour using the Rapadura...I don't think the colour is much different to using other sugars...


The sauce was delicious...topped with a 'blob' of cream...YUM YUM YUM!!!
Especially since I can rarely buy Sticky Date Pudding gluten free even though it is all over the place in cafes and restaurants!!!


And I've purchased a new pattern...
couldn't resist this as I just loved those deep colours...
but no way will I be starting this right now...
I'm working on my Partner Annie's Swap hosted by Lisa...

Better get cracking...it's due soon...Dzintra 

16 comments:

Annie said...

Yes, you better get cracking on Annies swap :) Love the look of all that lovely food - you're so clever!

Nat Palaskas said...

This post makes me want to run home and cooking storm with you. The sticky date pudding looks yummo...!
Thanks for sharing Dzintra - Nat

Unknown said...

My DIL gets DH Magazine delivered...was going to write to her and ask the question but you may be able to help...
what can I Replace in a reciepe that has Almond Meal...I am Highly Allergic to it.
That Pudding looks Fab!
Thanks.

Judith said...

Well no Donna hay in Holland ..... Too bad!! Enjoy your week

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WOW WOW WOW. You had me at the CHICKEN for I love lemon on anything. But the DESSERT????? I love anything dense and sticky! Oh dearest, you feature the most delicious looking things! I must run; it is Monday and it is a wild school day! ENJOY! Anita

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

I will be over for tea shortly.
Good luck with your new pattern,looks lovely.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Anonymous said...

LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog and I want to follow, do you have twitter or FB??

If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
Have a great week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh my sweet,

It is always a pleasure to come visit you, whether I am OUT THE DOOR to rush off or sitting here quietly. Your header just gives me HUGE smiles......Anita

Sue said...

Oh dear, I've put on weight just reading your blog! LOL

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your Donna Hay cook up looks extra yummy!!The new pattern you've bought looks wonderful too!!

Palomasea said...

Oh, you know how much I love your Donna Hay posts! Your presentation is always so beautiful, dear Dzintra...it all looks fantastic.
xoxo,
- Irina

Anonymous said...

MMM AWESOME POST:) I thank you for sweet words on my blog and I hope you follow me along:)

If you like chocolate..check out my new post:)
have a great week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis

Palomasea said...

Thank you, my lovely friend, for stopping by at my place....
Looking at all of these goodies, I think I shall stop by the book shop today, and pick up the latest issue!
I will let you know as soon as I make something...can't wait!
Love and blessings,
- Irina

Fer said...

YUM-O!!

trump said...

Id like to invite everyone to a post I've just published honoring the TV show "Big Valley", and also actor Peter Breck. Included with this post are 2 personal recipes that was sent to me by Peters wife Diane, so please stop by and say hello and share your memories of this classic TV show. Richard

Simone de Klerk said...

Okay, it is 5.30 pm here and I am starting to get a bit hungry. I go to Dzintra's blog and what do I see ... delicious food.
Now, I am really really hungry.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...