This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

OPAM...a workshop and Needlework Group Quilt






 Not a lot done for OPAM
 (One Project a Month) this month...
just these 2 little wallets...ideal for coffee cards and various other shopping
cards we all seem to accumulate...
This one was made for my dear Friend Geo as she had said to me that she would like one when I blogged about them for a previous OPAM...
I decided to put a little timber button on her one...a little angel as she loves angels!!!
Button is by Barb of Theodora Cleave...
Thank you to Peg and Kris  for hosting OPAM...a wonderful idea!!!


At the end of the week I am off to a workshop at Steph's...
called Quilt in Stitches...a workshop run to learn more about the stitches on my (nearly) new sewing machine...Only 2 fabrics required, a solid and a patterned...
I have chosen a tea dyed look homespun and Civil War fabrics...




Above right from left to right...
first one will be with the solid (also above left, in the centre)...the brown one also above left will be inner border...(1st left above)...the teal colour will be the outer border (above left, 3rd) and one of the other 2 will be binding...


And while on the Civil War I have received my copy of The Union Quilters, the latest book by Jennifer Chiaverini in the Elm Creek series...
thoroughly enjoying these books, especially the ones that talk about the Civil War/Slavery/life in the 1800's...all of which I find fascinating!!!


And here is a quilt top put together by Jenny from my Needlework Group which I have recently gone back to...still not driving though as arm is still a bit stiff and I don't feel confident...


All the stitcheries were done by ladies in the Group and the quilt will be raffled off later in the year...
Thank you to Fiona for organizing these stitcheries and quilt for us all...
Wouldn't it be lovely to win...it's oh sooo pretty!!!

10 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING DEAREST!!!! Oh, I am going to have to make myself one of these little card pouches because mine are scattered all over my purse! THEYARE DARLING! And thank YOU my friend for visiting while I was sleeping! It is always wonderful to wake up to find a sweet comment! We are finally having the appropriate weather...some rain here and there but it is finally behaving like spring/summer! MERCI for all that you been to me dear Dzintra, and CHEERS TO YOU WITH A GLASS OF PINK!!!! Anita

Dedo de moça patchwork said...

Olá amiga,
Ficou muito bonita sua bolsinha, o botão é lindo!!
Beijos,
Roseli

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a lot of lovely things! Your projects are gorgeous, love the little angel. Such a great idea to do a class using different stitches. Yummy civil war fabrics! I think it's wonderful that there are designers out there that research patterns from the past and bring them back to life so when get to play with them.The raffle quilt looks wonderful and will no doubt raise lots of funds!

Jeni said...

Dzintra your projects are gorgeous,
and the material is so pretty
hope your arm is getting a little better each day
Hugs

rosie said...

I love the quilt Dzintra, someone is going to be very lucky..Glad to know your arm is healing..

Terry said...

the card purse is a great idea and yours came out beautiful.
Geo will like the angel I'm sure.

Pooch Purple Reign said...

those fabrics are gorgeous. i have read alot of books about life and slavery during that period, and i also find it fascinating. i didnt know about the fabrics tho
~laura xx
need latte, stat :)

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

The button just adds that bit of zing to the purse. Good luck with the quilting project you have planned.
Someone is going to be a lucky duck winning that quilt.
happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING DZINTRA! Thank YOU for coming to leave a kind word for me to see before I leave for my last Monday at school before SUMMER VACATION!!!!! BIG HUGS, Anita

Micki said...

Your pouches are so cute! I also love Jennifer's quilt. You know how much I loved doing the Sylvia Bridal Sampler quilt.
Micki

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...