This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Monday, June 13, 2011

The Captain's Cottage at Long Beach...

A couple of weeks ago my very good friends Geo and her DH came to spend a week down the coast in a beach house at Mollymook...on her agenda (must do!!!) was to look at a beach house at Long Beach further down south in Batemans Bay!!!


Quilts have been featured in this gorgeous beachside house in Homespun magazine...


This cottage faces the beach...


has a little boat in front of it...


it also faces the street 'round the corner...
after having a walk along the beach side I asked if we could go back to the street side and take a pic...and blow me down, as I was about to do that the owner Lynne came out...
after chatting she graciously asked if we would like a tour...
WOULD WE EVER!!!


Entering here on the street side...


very nautical quilt on one of the beds...


Up the steps and a ship's wheel...


A little bedroom...


In this bedroom in the ceiling is a door and a fold out ladder...
up the ladder (not me) and Geo took a photo of the light up there...
from here you can look out to sea...



And check this out...one is the sink...the other is the loo...
How cute!!!  These were featured on the cover of Homespun magazine N o 91 Vol 11 No 12!!!


Complete with pirate flag (what fun)...


Add on lighthouse...



Staircase...we have a staircase and often wonder if we should do this treatment to it!!!



And downstairs complete with buckets for children and boogey boards...



And here's Geo looking wistfully at the house...
and wondering if she should gather the family together and spend a special birthday there in a few years!!! 
 Of course you should Geo...and we will visit (a lot)!!!

Thank you so much Lynne and Brian...we thoroughly enjoyed this tour and feel very privileged...
To check out the Captain's Cottage further go over here


I'm doing a workshop at Steph's and have chosen these Civil War fabrics to play with...
learning to use the stitches on my machine...all fun, fun, fun!!!

Till next time...

The sea, once it casts its spell,
holds one in its net of wonder forever...

20 comments:

Jeni said...

What a beautiful Boat House... looks like something out of a Amercian Movie ...and love your fabrics

Jen said...

oh what a beautiful beach house! And what a treat to get a peak inside :)!!
Hope you have a great week Dzintra!
Hugs
Jen xo

Simone de Klerk said...

Thank you so much, dear Dzintra for this lovely guide. Amazing, so beauty in one place!
And have fun with your workshop.

Sue said...

Wow, Thanks for sharing the tour you had of this gorgeous house. I'm all inspired now to redecorate my place.

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's like a movie house! So many fun features and I bet there were many you didn't take photos of too. I'll be looking out for it in my craft magazines now. You've chosen beautiful fabrics for your class. Enjoy the stitches!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh wow, i love that you were so bold to actually accept the kind invitation & how handy you were camera ready!! That house is amazing, now we don't have to knock on their door, thanks to your images!! Love Posie
PS missed you at Handmade Market on Saturday, it was fabulous!!

Nat Palaskas said...

What a cute nautical cottage! I hope Geo does bring her family there for a special birthday. I hope you enjoyed the time with Geo. Hope she stopped at my Long Beach...Hugs Nat

Kath said...

Just divine!
I do like the nautical look, its very clean and fresh.
We're just nearing completion of our new bathroom and that will have the same feel.
Glad you had such a nice time, have fun with your workshop, I love the fabrics you have chosen.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dearest Dzintra, this is paradise. What a perfect little sea cottage my friend...I would be in that little LOOKOUT all day long, or at least all MORNING LONG to ponder, create and just revel in the gift of life. HOW PERFECT and so happy to see you. Are you well my friend? Anita

Margaret said...

Nothing like the sea, sunshine and nauticalities to banish the winter cold, thanks you have made my day.

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

I remember seeing this stunning home in the magazine. Thank you for the photo's they are stunning. Good luck with your new sewing project.
happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Fer said...

Now that is my type of beach house! Just gorgeous, and you can still see how it was a simple little shack on the road side.

Drooling...... can't stop drooling... ♥

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING DZINTRA! Here is wishing you a lovely day of HEALING....and oh yes, that darling cottage is perfectly set up for dreaming and creating!!! Enjoy your day my friend, Anita

Pooch Purple Reign said...

WOW what a place. i love pirates hehe
have a great week
~laura xx

Jan Gartlan said...

What a great place to visit! Stuff dreams are made of...

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

What a delightful place.
Hope your arm is coming along.
Soon it will be Winter there... that's always so hard to grasp as we reach the 80's and high humidity.
Enjoy the weekend D
Susan x

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Dzintra
What a fabulous cottage.. and in a place that holds so many memories for me Bateman's Bay.. {although I think it is my mum's memories and not mine]..

She really is a cutie.. and I love that teal coloured panelling .. beautiful!!

Thanks for the Flu Juice.. although I can't have the whiskey.. everyone want to throw whiskey at me at the moment. hahaha... Hope you are feeling well and shoulder is healing nicely.. Have a great week.. ciao xxx Julie

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DZINTRA! Dearest, how have you been? Are you healing up my friend???????? I am finally in total vacation mode and I so appreciate you stopping by. I do hope you are well and that this new year for you will prove to be a new stage of health for you! Many hugs, Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning beautiful one! I am glad to hear that there is recovery on your way, but like anything else, it will take time. Oh how delicate our bodies are! Keep pushing as far as you CAN go my dear and keep doing what you love. You are so bright and lovely.....you will get your range of motion back in time....we are having SO MUCH RAIN here..we have a full summer ahead of us and the plants are loving the water. ENJOY YOUR DAY! Anita

Micki said...

It reminds me of the cottage in the movie The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Our cottage is right by the sea too, and that is why we got it. Loved seeing it!
Micki

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...