This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Little One!!!

Today marks the day of our dear little Granddaughter Lidija's 1st birthday!!!

Here is a little pic of her First Dawn...12 July 2008

taken by my very dear Friend Kerrie whom I grew up with...

Thank You so much mate!!!


Our very own Christmas in July Baby together with her gorgeous Mum!!!


A few posts ago I wrote about an orchid that my Sister had given to us at Christmas time 2008...this orchid is a piece of my dear Grandmother's orchid...

My Grandmother passed away 20 years ago and this orchid started flowering recently and hasn't stopped...whenever they were flowering she would take some to any occasion that was happening at the time ...and it is so special that this one is flowering for Lidija's First Birthday!!!


So for today I say...Happy First Birthday dear Lidija!!!

I cannot believe the first year has flown by so quickly!!!

GRANDPARENTS AND CHILDREN

Grandparents and grandchildren,

Together they create a chain of love Linking the past,

With the future.

The chain may lengthen,
But it will never part.
~Author Unknown~



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful that your grandmother's orchid is blooming at your granddaughter's first bday. All the best!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday little one. I hope the world treats you kind and brings you many wonderful experiences to come. Revel in all you have learned.

Millie said...

What a sweet little cherub baby Lidija is Dzintra! She must give you all such pleasure. As all our boys are so slow in this department, I have to make do with my dear little furry Grandpuppy Tassie. We puppy-sat her last Sunday & it took MOTH & I 2 days to get over it - she is a little whirlwind!
Millie ^_^

Fer said...

Happy birthday Lidija! What a wonderfully chubby little baby.

The orchid is beautiful.

Nat Palaskas said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY little Lidija, what sweet name and you have brought the orchid flowers. I believed that those orchids are sentimental they don't flowers for just anyone. You are a special girl Lidija...! Love from your Great Aunt Nat

Bev C said...

Happy Birthday Lidija. That orchid is just beautiful and the flowers always last for a long time. Have a great time together.

Kath said...

An adorable baby! You and I were definately on the same wavelength with our baby posts this weekend!love Kath in England

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Happy Birthday to your dear little Grand-baby! :-)

Aunt Amelia

a good yarn said...

A beautiful granddaughter and orchid. Such a wonderful connection. Happy Birthday Baby Lidija! Ann :)

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Happy Birthday Lidija.
The orchid is beautiful my father grows orchids I am amazed by the colours.
:) Andrea

DAWNIE said...

Congrats on your win with Andrea today.

Simone de Klerk said...

Congratulations, Dzintra with your wonderful grandchild!
And how lovely to have an orchid from a plant from your grandmother. How very special!

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

Happy Birthday Lidija~
Dzintra, What a sweet adorable baby Lidija is! You must be in 7th heaven right now... like me! (: I know how the time flies so fast! Our little Sophia is here for a week and we can't believe the changes.

So wonderful that your Grandmother's orchid flowered right in time for her birthday! The poem at the end is so fitting. XOXO Vicki

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

PS: I love the seahorse! Seahorses and mermaids are my favorite things! (:

Jeni said...

each day you can think of your grandma ...how wonderful is that...and what a beautiful babe and daughter you have

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Lidija they grow so quickly....I love orchids and the one you have is pretty special.....hugs lyn

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

" We are but the sum of our ancestors..." and yours have bestowed the gift another generation for you to love and enjoy.
Lidija is a darling.
Like I mentioned before your Grandmother's spirit lives on through that orchid and she in turn was part of the celebration.
I have been away doing the cottage circuit so I too am catching up.
Hope all is well in the land down under.
xo Susan

Michelle Marie said...

What a little doll!! Look at those chubby cheeks :) She's a beautiful little girl! I hope you all had such a magical little birthday for her. All the best to you and your family Dzintra :)

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...