This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Sunday, August 31, 2014

~Movie......The Hundred Foot Journey~


I have just seen the most Delicious movie (twice)
After the second time I straight away went and bought the book written by Richard C. Morais


There was a brochure available at the screening which had some recipes in it




including this one for Beef Bourgignon a las Hassan created by Chef Floyd Cardoz


The Hundred Foot Journey
Starring Helen Mirren as Madame Mallory
Om Puri as Papa
Manish Dayal as Hassan Haji
Charlotte Le Bon as Marguerite

Directed by Lasse Hallstrom
Produced by Steven Spielberg
Oprah Winfrey and Juliet Blake

Filmed in France in the village of Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val
and then The Netherlands and Paris

I just had to blog this movie as I know I will come back here and check out the links again
and don't be surprised if I see it again.

I guarantee you will walk away wanting a delicious meal after seeing it
I might have to go to our local Indian Restaurant one of these times!!!

Bon Appetit.......Dzintra



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dzintra hmm sounds very intriguing,enjoy your sunday my friend.xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh then, I must see this film! It's being advertised a lot here, and I do enjoy movies about food AND anything Spielberg produces! And if it takes place in FRANCE and the Netherlands, well then, I'm there!

Good morning, Dzintra!

Susan said...

Good food and a good movie.....great combination.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Thanks for the recomendation, I just looked it up and it sounds my kind of movie.

KimM said...

Well, I must see this movie - you have me inspired and intrigued.
xxx

Nat Palaskas said...

Wow, they should pay you for this Dzintra! I've seen it too and love love it. I too advertised for them! I'm glad you got the book. I know it would be your cuppa tea movie! - Hugs
Nat

Seawashed said...

Oh yes I do want to see it. Thank you for letting us know that it is wonderful. xxo

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

You will have to let us know what you think of the book. Sometimes the book is better than the movie or the movie is not a lot like the book. Indian food is certainly delicious.

Happy days.
Bev.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...