This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

~Fun in the School Holidays~


School holidays have been and gone and I've just had my 2 little grandies here for a few days
Lots of fun drawing in the sand
Above is a drawing of a cat by Lidija


Ryan drew a Thomas train and lay down in it


Lidija drew a house and lay in that!!!


Fun, fun, fun


I took them to The Olive Tree for lunch with another Carer


Little 'Meow Meow' came 'round the corner......


Ice cream after seeing Smurfs 2


You would swear that Lidija had seen nothing more beautiful when she saw this Camelia in the garden


Lidija told me that she was Chief Pasta Tester
I gave her some to test and this is her reaction
Thumbs Up LOL


And Mum came to pick them up after a few days and they were all over her!!!
Thanks for a lovely few days Ryan and Lidija
We always enjoy having you......Nana......xoxoxoxo

10 comments:

Susan said...

How lovely for you to spend some one on one time together. You're never to old to enjoy drawing in the sand, I love it. I'm sure they kept you busy.

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful time you guys had,there's nothing better than spending time with the grandies Dzintra and by the way they are a pair of cuties,take after their nana i think.xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Movies and ice-cream... that's like a kids day in heaven!! Glad you had such a nice time together! :-) Lucy from Bake Play Smile

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I JUST WOKE UP WITH YOU, on my mind, Dzintra! And then I come to my blog and here you are? That is too funny! What lovely photos of the shore...the sand looks PINK! And it gives me a warm feeling of the sun on my shoulders, as I sit here hearing the glorious rain outside my window. Enjoy this lovely time of year that the children are out and will be gracing your home with their laughter and smiles. LOVE TO YOU! Anita

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

Lovely photo's of the Grandies at the beach, love the drawing in the sand. So creative.
I noticed your Paris cushion on the lounge!

Happy days.
Bev.

Domesblissity said...

What gorgeous little kiddies Dzintra.

Anne xx

Rachaeldaisy said...

This is such a lovely post! Those sand drawings are huge! I love that they're big enough to lie in. I bet your grandchildren love visiting you , you all have such fun.

Nat Palaskas said...

What a treasured time you had with the grandchildren! They grow so fast, don't they? We will see ours next weekend! Can't wait! Hugs Nat

Fiona said...

I bet they just love coming to visit you... I love the picture of them cuddling with you...
Hugz

Palomasea said...

They are darling...I love their creative use of sand art! :)))
Dzintra dear, how fun for you all...they have a MOST special and beautiful Nana.... :)
Blessings to you, dear friend...
xoxo,
- Irina

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...