This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

SSCS (Secret Santa Christmas Swap) 2011...received from Lynn

Finally I can reveal my gift for SSCS received from Lynn...
This is the first time that I have been involved with this Swap and I have thoroughly enjoyed it!!!
Thank you so much Chooky for organizing this...it must be a mammoth task for you...


This is the card I received from Lynne...see all the little gingerbread men...


followed by a little gingerbread cutter and a felt one...

Lynn figured that JoJo has a sweet tooth...
and yes Lynn, you are dead right about that ha ha!!!!!



My parcel also included some fat quarters...


A very pretty tea towel and pot-holder...


And here are the goodies all together...


Part of the card read,
"When I read your first post about SSCS2011, and how excited you were to be participating in it,
I knew it would be especially fun for me this year......
My goal this year was bright and fun and happy"

And here is Lynn's bright, happy and very fun table topper!!!
Santa on a surfboard...palm trees...blue skies
This pretty much sums up an Australian Christmas Lynn...
Sun, surf, beach and of course Santa...
Not to mention Salty Blue Days on the beach...



And the back of the topper...just as much FUN!!!
This whole swap was fun...thank you so much Lynn and once again to Chooky!!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely Gifts in your swap..
cheers

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wonderful gifts......

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a super fun package full of lovely things!! Lynn must have loved making those special things for you. I have to say I love the leggy ginger bread man in your header, he really makes me smile.

Nat Palaskas said...

So many gorgeous gifts in the SSCS swap. Glad you had fun with it - Hugs Nat

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dzintra!!!!!!!!! HOW SWEET AND PRECIOUS!!! Did you have a great celebration? Was JoJo excited???? WHAT DID YOU EAT????

We had a blast. NOW, to prepare for NEW YEARS!!!!!!! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh that gingerbread man is so cute; I still have and will always keep one that a little boy in my class made me many years ago. He is a young man now, but that darling doll he made me will always remind me of the little boy he once was. OHHH YOU MENU SOUNDS FABULOUS!!! And pink champagne for brunch? YES!!!!!!!! I must get some for our New Year's toast. Our dinner was a turkey marinated in a special way, the way my Puerto-Rican father-in-law makes it...SO TENDER that it literally falls off the bone and you really can serve it with a spoon! Then roasted potatoes with mushrooms and lots of garlic and CHOCOLATE for dessert. We were so happy.

CHEERS TO YOU SISTA!!! Anita

Chookyblue...... said...

Lynn sent a wonderful parcel to you.......so many lovely things.............thanks so much for being part of the SSCS and so glad you really enjoyed it..........

Simone de Klerk said...

Such lovely SSCS presents for you! Lynn really knows how to make someone happy!

Lynn said...

So happy that you liked everything. I really did have so much fun making it and doing the swap, and of course making a new friend, which I think may be the ultimate goal!

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...