This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Saturday, June 22, 2013

~Cooking with JoJo's Day Programme (2), fires and a new softie~


It's pretty cold here on the South Coast this weekend
For the first time in years we don't have a real fireplace......but it's coming!!!
So I couldn't resist this DVD above of a fireplace LOL
Apparently psychologically looking at it can make you feel warmer by 10c so we're testing it out this weekend!!!


Recently I went in again to JoJo's Day Programme to do a little cooking with the gang
This time it was Chicken and Lemongrass Laksa from donna hay magazine 10th Anniversary Issue Oct/Nov 2012
Above are some of the ingredients that have been chopped and trimmed for the Laksa


Stock in along with Curry Paste, Garlic, Coconut Milk and Fish Sauce


With Snow Peas and Mint Leaves added


Rice Noodles in


and here 'tis
Lovely, tasty and oh so warming
Perfect for a day like today!!!


Meanwhile last week I had to have this cat when visiting Braidwood Maker's Market
I just loved the colours.......no wonder apparently the maker said they were colours from 1875
And this little cat is sitting right next to our 'fire'

Hope you are keeping warm, having something nice to eat and hopefully get some stitching in......Dzintra xo

I've now signed up with Bloglovin but I'm still learning it all!

14 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's really cold today!! Looking at your photo of your fire dvd warmed me up a little. The laksa looks delicious, I bet it was enjoyed by all. Your new little cat is so gorgeous, I can see why you had to have it!!

Kath said...

oh yes my neighbour has one on her TV.It's 14'C here today, hardly summer temps. We've just ordered a beautiful stove for my new sewing room. Roll on Autumn I say hee hee

Kaisievic said...

Cold here in Melbourne, too, today. The laksa looks yummy and I love your calico cat.

Susan said...

I am enjoying the fire too (but not making boys get the firewood!). Love your patchwork cat, they sound like good markets.

Terry said...

Doing a great thing cooking with Jojo. Sounds like your enjoting it and I'm sure everyone likes new tasty food. Yummmm
Nice Kitty

Fiona said...

I just love Laksa... you have my mouth watering...
Hugz

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Bloglovin...I have no idea about how to change over! I tried but had a hard time getting a password accepted!

My dear, if you do make carrot cake with those purple carrots, DO SHARE! And you are having cold? Some days I'm wearing shorts since we are supposed to be in our summer,but other days, I find myself wearing sweat pants! Keep cozy dear and sweet friend! Anita

Nat Palaskas said...

That Laksa looks yummy! What lucky kids to have you cooking for them. Love that cat, it's my colour! Hugs Nat

Domesblissity said...

I wished I would've been looking at a fire on Friday. It was freezing here. Warmed up to a respectable winter temperature for me now. That laksa looks good!

Anne xx

RitaGri said...

Sveiciens Saulgriežos - Līgo vakarā! Tev jau ugunskurs kā pa Jāņiem!
Gardus ēdienus esi pagatavojusi!
Pie mums it pa īstam silts!
Kaķis omulīgs!

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

Hope you get your real fire soon. You made a lovely meal, it looks so yummy.
That cat is amazing, just matches the quilt perfectly.

Have a great day.
Bev.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Pefect way to spend a day...

Googy Girl said...

I love our fire, when I am at work on night duty, I day (evening) dream about it. I just want to be home near my fire. Love the cat soooo cute.....the Laksa looked great.

Palomasea said...

Oh, I have missed so much, dear Dzintra....and I've missed YOU! :))) It's been hectic around here...
I will have to come back to catch up, but for now I am imagining the splendid fragrance of this dish! It's gorgeous....
Do stay warm and cozy, my friend....I am sending you a warm breeze...feels like the tropics here!
Love and hugs,
- Irina

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...