This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

~A Carer's Gathering......Kiama~



I was lucky enough to be able to attend a Carer Gathering last week at The Sebel Town House in beautiful Kiama
Lucky for me that afternoon there was a Farmer's Market just down the road from where we were staying


Entrance to the market


and coming out of it.  There were 3 Buskers in attendance so that was pretty good!!!


Alternate menu for the evening for dinner
Being Gluten Free I had Fish without the Batter


Dessert was pretty good!!!
Salted Caramel  Creme Brûlée with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Very yummy but couldn't really taste the Caramel


I'm not a Painter but the next day elected to try Painting with Music
We had to choose 4 paint colours
My choices were (from left) teal, a sandstone colour, we had to choose white and a deep purple


and tada.......my pasterpiece lol
I haven't touched paint since High School in First Year so this was pretty cool
Being right handed my left hand was busting to have a go so I let it!!!
Lots of 'scraping' and 'flicking' happening


Then we did some drawings/sketchings to music
I used an organic charcoal.......never held a piece of charcoal before so this was a new experience for me
The 3rd square's song was Red, Red Wine
and the fourth one was Brown Eyed Girl
The 5th one was a pattern I did in 4th class at school but I just couldn't do straight lines!!!


I tried a music class also
and got to play these wooden blocks and a steady beat to the drum


A little bit of organ guided by pink papers lol


Electronic drums


Even a Base Guitar......a, d, e


That evening was a Mad Hatter's Ball and I wore a velvet hat brought back from Venice by DS together with a velvet silk dyed coat


Table decorations were awesome


A quick photo with Sean at the back and another lady


Goat's Cheese Panna Cotta......yummy
The dinner here

This was funded by The Shaw Building Group, Canberra
and hosted by Carers ACT (Australian Capital Territory)

Thank You so much everyone there
We all had a fabulous time!!!
You Guys Rock!!!


The next day Mr Armchair picked me up and we met at Kangaroo Valley
We had a bit of lunch
Mr Armchair had a Salmon/Salad Sandwich


Portobello Mushrooms for me


And who would've thought
A bowl of Tomatoes towards the end of May
Unheard of in our part of the World!!!

A lovely little get-away for me with Mr Armchair taking over Caring Duties
And the best part.......I got to sleep all night as JoJo has taken to waking during the evening!!!!


Till next time, Dzintra xo

9 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD EVENING, DZINTRA!!!!!!

You are a precious person. You enjoy every moment and you love art, dress up, theatre, good food, PARIS....What fun to get out and paint, do things you haven't done before!

Enjoy your month of May my friend. Here, it is bursting with colors, and I guess for you, colors of red, gold and orange must be coloring your landscape. HUGS!

Anonymous said...

good morning my lovely friend ,wow what a wonderful time you had and your mr Armchair is awesome.
I am so glad that you got a lovely break from your carers duties,you so deserve it my friend.
Hope your day is a good day Dzintra xx

Anthea said...

Fantastic to have a re-charge opportunity Dzintra... you & Mr Armchair look to have had a great day together, look at the fab food!... now go hang your painted masterpiece proudly in your home ;)

Yvonne W said...

What a lovely experience. I am glad you had such a lovely break-- even if it was just for the weekend.

Susan said...

I'm sure you had a wonderful break and it sounds as if you explored your inner self!!

Janice said...

What a wonderful break and it must have been fun trying new skills. There may be an artist hiding in there.

Susan said...

A well deserved break. Great to try those different activities, looks like a lot of fun.

KimM said...

Looks like you had a great relaxing time. Looks like we may have another Picasso in our midst?!
xxx

Fiona said...

oh wow, it looks amazing and what fun with all those activities. your arty side is showing well. I can just imagine you savouring the food - it looks amazing
Hugz

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...