This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

~Canberra Craft & Quilt Show......and a handy little Quilt Chart


A couple of weeks ago I went up to the Canberra Craft and Quilt Show 
Here are 2 of the quilts that caught my eye

Through the Garden Gate, Rose Lewis
224 x 227.5cm

This quilt depicts Rose’s front garden, as it is in spring. She has heavily trapuntoed all the applique and most of the quilting; all sewing have been done on a domestic machine. Look for snails, wrens, ladybirds, spider webs…


They were just stunning!!!
For exhibition prizes and results go over here


And of course a little shopping
Above is a little round place mat


Bits and pieces including the quilt everything is sitting on.
Canberra Quilters always have a great Trading Table

Canberra Quilters Inc is the oldest patchwork group in Australia. Founded in 1976 by
Margaret Rolfe, it began life as ‘The Patchwork Group’. This fledgling group, which met in members’ homes, has grown steadily and now enjoys a membership of several hundred and its own premises at Cook Community Hub.


Here is the back of the quilt
Quite unusual fabric and colours so I just had to bring it home with me!!!
A great day especially since Mr Armchair had the day off to care for JoJo so I could have a day out!!!


I saw this little  Quilt Size Chart and thought how handy so had to blog it!!!

13 comments:

Show and Tell said...

Looks like you had a lovely time Dzintra x

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful quilts....love the Garden Gate! Lots of lovely shopping too.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Dzintra dear! The garden gate is FANTASTIC! And I'd say that quilt weather is beginning for us! It was chilly last night and I could have used a nice quilt to keep me warm! Enjoy your summer as it comes closer! Oh the colors here!

Kath said...

I love the garden gate quilt! It went a bit blurred when I tried to enlarge it, how lovely to see it in person.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dzintra ,thankyou for sharing those quilts with us and oh you did some lovely buying there and so good you had a wonderful day off,xx

Nat Palaskas said...

What a fun free day out at a quilt show. I'm afraid to go because I would buy so much stuff that I don't have time to use the. Love that quilt you bought! Hugs Nat

Lynn said...

A quilt show is always the nicest way to spend a day! That Garden Gate quilt is beautiful! On Pintrest there's all sort of handy charts, search under something like Quilt Math. For the math challenged such as myself it sure is helpful!

RitaGri said...

Tik romantisks kvilts ar dārza vārtiņiem. Un pārējie arī skaisti. Un svarīgi pirkumi jauniem darbiem.

Rachaeldaisy said...

That's such a lovely quilt, I can see why it was a favourite. You certainly found lots of new treasures!! Lots of sewing things to keep you busy until next years show.

Susan said...

Love the garden gate quilt - what a fun day you ahd.

Kaisievic said...

So glad that you were able to have a day off. I love that first quilt - it is just amazingly detailed and beautiful.

KimM said...

WOW! LOVE those quilts!!! Hw beautiful! Especially the Garden Gate.
hugs
xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dear friend! It was so great to see your comment this morning! WOW! And to hear about your summer coming, and the color of the water and smell of the sea in the air. What a joy that is!

Enjoy this Sweet September as you experience it your way! BIG HUGS, Anita

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...