This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

~OPAM (One Project A Month)...October~


Good Morning on this beautiful Sunday!!!
I have a couple of little items for OPAM here
We were at Bargain Box Fabrics one Saturday morning when JoJo spotted some Christmas Fat 1/4's and ribbon and of course she had to have them




We came home and made up 2 little bags and she was absolutely thrilled with them



And another little finish is this gorgeous Travel Wallet worked with linen


Pattern by Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched from her Some Kind of Wonderful book


The inside......a place for a pen and 2 large pockets and 2 smaller ones



perfect for tickets......notebook etc


Magnetic clips from Sarah's Patchworks Plus


and the back of the wallet
I think this will come in very handy
especially as JoJo and I are off to see The Wiggles farewell concert in December and they will be the first tickets to go in there

Thank you so much for hosting OPAM Peg and Kris!!!

I've barely got a lot of time at the moment for much sewing at all due to being in Pirates of Penzance this month
4 shows over the last 2 weekends and next weekend plus a mid week show

I am so loving being part of this wonderful cast with The Bay Theatre Players
On Friday night I was told by Jeremy who plays Frederic that I can sing and hold a tune
WOW WOW WOW this is huge for me seeing I wasn't even going to be in this production at all and I don't normally sing

Now I better hoof it as I've got to get in to the theatre early to sell programmes today
so from me it's TARANTARA TARANTARA TARANTARA


16 comments:

Susan said...

Your travel wallet is such a pretty and practical finish. Enjoy the show.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow....love the wallet. well done on the finishes

Simone de Klerk said...

Jojo has a great taste. Love the bags you made.
And wow, what a great wallet. Love the little stitchery.
Enjoy your show fun!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Christmas is really creeping up, your festive bags are fun. Your travel wallet is so pretty!! I noticed there's a production of Pirates in Penzance in my town too, what a coincidence. Enjoy singing!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Cute giftie bags. Your travel wallet is very nice. It is a great design.

Jo in TAS said...

You and Jo Jo will have a fantastic time at the Wiggles concert, make sure to get up and dance!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning my precious friend!!! I love that little wallet pack; homemade, handstitched is always my favorite way to GO! And to see the cheerful Christmas fabric is EXCITING!!!! Much love to you as you continue on the fun journey of theatre and prepare for the holidays, in the warm sun!! LOVE, Anita

RitaGri said...

Jauks Ziemassvētku maisiņš ar omulīgiem sniegavīriem. Tā kā jums Austrālijā sniegavīru nav, tad vismaz uz auduma:)
Ceļojuma maciņš man ļoti patīk. Īpaši, ja uz čemodāna ir uzrakstīts Paris-Latvia-Australia. Parīzē esmu bijusi un labprāt tur vēlreiz nokļūtu,Latvijā dzīvoju un uz Austrāliju arī sapņoju aizceļot.
Lai skanīga balss dziedot!

Jeni said...

Love the bags you made.
Just love the christmas fabric

Jeni said...

Love the bags you made.
Just love the christmas fabric

Nat Palaskas said...

Very positive comment from Jeremy there, good job! I love that travel wallet, it's so you! You will get there one day my friend - Hugs Nat

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DZINTRA! I just caught a glimpse of you on your sidebar, in a bright and pretty blue outfit...I have to look at that again!

OH YES, doesn't the theatre have a way of pulling you into the world of SELF-DISCOVERY? And yes, who would have known 3 years ago that you would be doing this, and finding out you CAN SING????? I truly will never forget a young friend of mine that lived across the street from me. She was a troubled girl and had a hard time finding herself. I invited her to audition for a dance part in a local musical and she got in. We both were in the show, and she enjoyed herself and made NEW friends, friends with a zest for living. When that show was over, I saw her cry for the very first time since I had known her. She did not want the show to end. She did not want to leave. When we find ourselves thanks to others, we don't want to leave them. Hmmmmm. ....I feel a blog post coming on !!!!!!

ENJOY EVERY SECOND OF IT SWEET FRIEND! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Dzintra, that's what it's all about: SELF-DISCOVERY! Any form of art does that to us and the deeper we go, the richer are expression becomes. I KNOW you will find yourself another show to audition for!!! I am so thrilled that you are doing this. MORE ADULTS need to do this! Anita

Fer said...

Lovely travel wallet. The linen works perfectly.

Palomasea said...

I agree with Anita!!! More adults indeed would discover that expression through theater can be life-changing!
So excited for you, dear Dzintra...wish so much I could see you in action!!! Have a fabulous time!!
And those little snowmen are precious...love that wallet...Paris/Australia...oh yes. :)
You and JoJo have a wonderful time...does this mean the Wiggles are retiring??? No!
They are fabulous, my daughter was so enriched by their videos...
Sending my love,
- Irina

Terry said...

Christmas bags always hold suprises not matter when. The wallet is a wonderful travel idea. Love the stitching.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...