This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Finished projects FEBRUARY 2018 and Goings On

Here we are 29 December and I feel quite the stranger here on my Blog

I've had a few things happening with allergies here namely coughing when I eat plus feelings of heaviness and other issues
This all appears to be due to the environment,  and living at sea level
These all but disappear when I go up to higher ground/altitude

Consequently we are looking at moving up to higher ground but its all such a big deal as we have to take JoJo into account and look into new disability services 
In this case we can see where Health becomes No 1 as it would be hard being how I feel as we are getting older
Thank goodness I have spoken with other people and quite a few have similar issues and have moved for similar reasons

And I thought I was a Beach Chick but looks like I could be a Mountain Girl as per my maiden name!!!


First one is a block for Chookyblue for a Quilt that was being organized for her
Seeing she is into chooks and her favourite colour is blue this was my contribution


Next a little pouch using Japanese fabrics and 3 headbands using fat quarters







I also got around to pinning 2 Quilts
The top one is Past Times using from my fat 1/4 stash


and this one is one of Thimbleblossoms patterns



Next up is a block from York Plains by Hat Creek Quilts which I think will go into being a Table Runner


JoJo brought home a little Valentine's gift that she made for us 



A lovely set of Coasters



And of course she requested a special dinner for Valentine's Day


Chicken, Bacon, Tomato, Sweet Potato, Snow Peas all together



And a Dessert to top it off......Apple Snow


And I made Manu Fieldel's Pear and Almond Tart......mmmm, so delicious






I thought I would work on this Stitcher's Roll which is from a Girls Day in the Country Day
Pattern by Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched

February also took me up to the High Country for an experiment to see how I fared up there
These comings and goings went on for the whole year and the results are very encouraging!!!
I set myself up with my sewing machine and relished the time alone during the day at a relative's place

I talked with a real estate agent in the area and he said he had moved about 15 people who had moved to the coast back to this small Alpine town due to asthma, allergies, humidity etc
So far so good for me
We will see what Fate has in store for us!!!

So my Friends I'll see if I can catch up with Goings On for this year.......see how I go lol




5 comments:

Susan said...

Dzintra....lovely to see you back in blog land....tough decision about moving but I’m sure you will sort out things for JoKo.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Dzintra good to see you back my friend. You sure have been busy,love all your beautiful work. Hope things work out for you and your family if you have to move,not much fun being sick,take care xx

RitaGri said...

Prieks tevi atkal satikt!
Jauki apskatīties tavus pabeigtos darbus un gardos Valentīndienas ēdienus.
Ja pārcelšanās ir nepieciešama veselības saglabāšanai, tad laikam tas jādara. Jaunā gadā jaunā vietā?!
Jaukas aizejošā gada dienas!

Janice said...

It’s lovely to hear from you and good to see you have still been getting some stitching done. I hope you can resolve where you end up living in the new year and have some relief from your cough.

a good yarn said...

I'm sorry to learn that you haven't been well. I also suffer from asthma and allergies and the increased pollution in the city (it was a town mnay years ago!) is definitley having an effect. I hope you find a mountain retreat that meets all your needs. That's a wonderful selection of sewing projects. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...