This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Finishing School 2012...and Darling Harbour Quilt Show!!!

Earlier this year I signed up for Finishing School at Steph's Patchwork Moruya...
This entails going once a month with any project and getting advice/help from Jan who can answer anything sewing wise and doesn't think any question is stupid!
Good On You Jan!!!


One of the first things I learnt was how to make a twisted cord on my sewing machine...


I've taken pics of Jan doing this so I can come back to them...









I fell in love with this table runner by Bareroots


here is my one under Steph's one...and I can proudly say I will show it off in this month's OPAM (One Project a Month)


I was able to use Steph's table at another time and Deb assisted me in pinning my Bars Of Gold Quilt altogether......Thanks so much Deb!!!


Jan showed me how to 'tuck' one end of binding into another when finishing off the binding on the quilt...and yes, another for OPAM...
Here one end is pinned down...


and then up again......the last bit of the binding tucks into this one...
What a neat finish this is!!!




How to mitre a corner...


Thanks so much Jan...you have been so helpful!!!



A show-and-tell here...



And check this out...I call it a Fat Quarter Quilt...
great for (spare) fat 1/4's......leftover ones......favourite ones......quick quilts......the list would be endless I think!!!


And here is Karan proudly displaying her quilt......I did take a pic without her boots but this was too cute to let go!!!

I'm loving Finishing School and hope to make more progress on my Quilt of Stitches......

And it's nearly time for a Blogger's Meet at The Craft and Quilt Fair at Darling Harbour where I'll finally get to meet other Kindred Spirits!!!

See you there gals!!!

12 comments:

Palomasea said...

Good Morning, dear friend!
What a beautiful collection of art and craftsmanship...I am just in awe of the patience and talent required for these projects.
And I'm so excited for you to meet with fellow bloggers...how fabulous that would be...have a wonderful time, and do tell us all about it!
I thank you so much for visiting my little Parisian post..gosh I wish I had some good personal photos to show..but my photography skills need a bit of work. ;)
Have a beautiful day, sweet friend!
Sending love and sunshine,
- Irina

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dzintra! I am here with my best pal Irina, who is my NEIGHBOR actually in the same town! We see each other on occasion and would see each other more if time allowed! OOOOOOOOO MORE GOODIES FROM YOU! Well, all I can say is that IRINA HERE lent me a sewing machine and I cannot wait to tear into it to make some dresses. TOday was my first MONDAY of being on summer vacation and starting out as an artist. I did some work and have much more to do, but I am loving it. I have to carve out time for my reading and writing sessions to shape out my future here because in September, I will only return as a freelance substitute teacher, but as a French teacher, there will be a lot of work waiting for me.

HAVE A SUPER AND CREATIVE WEEK! Anita

Annie said...

Hi Gorgeous - your Bareroots tablerunner is exquisite! And I'm doubly happy with it as now I can clearly see you do like Bareroots (what a fluke). What a great class to attend - I can only imagine the different techniques and helpful hints you would collect from there...don't forget to share :) I was thinking about you Sunday night (lots) when Masterchef was on with Rick Stein as their feature chef.....hope you watched it!! Have a blast at the quilt fair and enjoy your Bloggy Buddies xoxoxox

Rachaeldaisy said...

Dzintra, This post is so full of beautiful and wonderful projects!! I love them all. Finishing classes are such a great idea!! I sooooooo wish I could go to the Blog Meet on Friday! I have to work though. You'll have sooo much fun meeting everyone. Take lots of photos!

Kath said...

such lovely projects. I do like blue and white!

Jeni said...

Hi Dzintra
looks like you are hqaving fun
enjoy Darling Harbour

Nat Palaskas said...

Wow, that cord making by machine is too coooooooool. I will have a try on my machine. I have been making it my hand till now :(
You are making progress with all your projects. I hardly done anything since returning from Japan. Will have to catch up - Hugs Nat

Margaret said...

All looks like a worthwhile Finishing School. learning new things is so exciting --- don't we love it?

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG see you today........finishing school sounds wonderful......

Sue said...

What a great school to go to. Much better than learning how to be a lady!

Fer said...

Lots of lovely inspiring quilts there!

Terry said...

Finishing school sounds great. I always thought the term refered to deportment and lady like behaviour (which I am sadly lacking).
Yours was great to visit. Enjoy your finishing and post lots.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...