This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cook Up With Donna Hay No 14...Pork Belly with Garlic, Caramelized Onion and Quince Sauce...

Another delicious Cook Up with Vicki  has happened here from Donna Hay magazine Issue 60 Dec/Jan 2012...

Menu tonight is:

Spiced Carrot Dip
Pork Belly with Garlic, Caramelized Onion and Quince Sauce
Roasted Baby Vegetable Salad
Mini Strawberry Tarte Tatins




Cumin and coriander seeds roasting for dip...


Add carrots, cayenne pepper, honey and chicken stock...


and the most delicious dip is ready after a little while...yummy...


The recipe called for malt vinegar (not gluten free) so after some research for a substitute I bought Red Wine Vinegar...


Pork Belly ready for oven...with our thyme on it...


And out of the oven...




Roasted vegies...beetroot, parsnip, carrot and kipfler potatoes...


There was even a heart shaped potato!!!



This meal was full of flavour...we thoroughly enjoyed it!!!


Patchwork placemats and table runner bought at my local Needlework Group...
These were made by a lady who cannot sew anymore...




Butter, sugar, water and vanilla bean for dessert...


Strawberry Tarte Tatin out of the oven...
recipe for these over here...


looks a bit of a jumble but this sure packed a punch...so very very tasty!!!

Now I'm looking forward to the next Cook Up...
Bon Appetit......Dzintra

12 comments:

Sue said...

Oh Dzintra that looks yummo but I'm dieting, sad I know! Salad and weight watchers jelly for me :(

Kath said...

i love your new blog header, you both look so pretty!

I am very impressed at your wonderful cooking skills. I made stuffed squash yesterday and nearly had a nervous breakdown LOL

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My darling friend,

I forgot it is SUNDAY FOR YOU!!!! Oh dear heart, this looks so delicious! DREAM ON MY SWEET for that is what keeps us AWAKE!!! HUGS! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

And an admirable and heartfelt cheers back to you lovely Dzintra and JoJo!!! Anita

Anonymous said...

You can cook this again next time we are over. You had me at pork belly.
Bill

Anonymous said...

whow just like going out to a resturant,well done.xx

Lynn said...

Mmmmm, delicious looking! Love the placemats!

Palomasea said...

My mouth is watering, dear Dzintra!! YUM! Thank you for sharing this gorgeousness, and next time I go to the bookshop, I'm purchasing a Donna Hay..love it!
Hugs,
- Irina

Nat Palaskas said...

It's all yummy looking Dzintra. I will try the roasted pork belly with garlic, caramelized onion and quince sauce one day. I love park belly. It's so tender and juicy! Hope you are having a lovely weekend - hugs Nat

Micki said...

I can see that you are still cooking, and all looked delicious. I loved your Harry Potter day. Joe and I are busy moving into a much larger home...Move in day will be mid June. We found a wonderful home only 5 minutes away from Dunfanaghy right near the beach, so we are just thrilled. I am so happy to see all is well with you and Jo Jo.
Micki

Simone de Klerk said...

Lieve Dzintra ~ it is 5 pm and I am hungry and I am looking at this wonderful post. How do you think I feel ... Wow, so much care that you take. It all looks délicieux.

Bev C said...

Yum Yum Yum,even though I can't eat half of what you cooked. Love the dip recipe. Those placemats are beauitful Dzintra, a great buy.

Happy Monday.
Bev.xoxo

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...