This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Australia's Biggest Morning Tea!!!

Recently I went to a Fund Raising celebrated by Australia in the aid of cancer research hosted by a local Quilting Group ~
Australia's Biggest Morning Tea...hosted by Night Owl Quilters
This fabulous Morning Tea included a Quilt Display...Dutch Auction...Lucky Numbers...Lucky Door Prizes...a Quilt Raffle amongst other things...
Driving along the main road this is what greets people...a little Quilt depicting a 'cuppa'...which is what it's all about!!!
Set amongst typical Aussie coastal bushland...

Upon arrival at the door...a lovely surprise along with ticket entry...a bookmark
above is front of the bookmark...

and the back...

Trading Table in progress...

Stage area with goodies waiting to be auctioned...

Of course...the Morning Tea!!!

Lovely flowers on each table...the centre one is an Australian (originally from South Africa)Bushflower, Protea
a lovely soft pink...velvety to the touch!!!

I bid and won this delightful Stitchery...stitched by a local Quilting Shop...

close up of one side of it...
The Auctioneer can stop the Auction at any time...with the last bidder winning...
so you never know if it's going to be you, so one always gets a lovely surprise upon their win!!!
Goodies I purchased...

And this is a progress of my needlecase that I received on Mother's Day...
in actual fact I have progressed on this with it nearly being finished now...
this was a lovely way to sit and stitch while partaking in the Auction!!!
The Night Owl Quilters do a tremendous job hosting this very special Morning Tea...raising approximately $7,000-00 last year I believe...
ONYA NIGHT OWL QUILTER'S!!!
A great day...and I look forward to next year!!!
Today marks the shortest day here in Australia...Winter Solstice...
In ancient times people believed that the Sun was re-born on the day of the Winter Solstice...
Tonight our World is dark...and cold...
and I will do as I do every night...light a candle and wait for the longer days to return!!!
Have a lovely week everyone...Dzintra

20 comments:

Bev C said...

What a lovely day you had and most importantly money was raised for a great cause.

Anonymous said...

I love all of your photos and what a precious piece you won and such a worthy cause.

Kath said...

What an interesting day out! Love the photos. Being "upside down" to you lovely folks, it's the summer solstice here, although we have our usual British cloud and showers combo. Kath x

Fer said...

What a great day! Sounds like the perfect morning tea.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello my queen! What a fun event this had to be! Such lovely things and the goodies for tea time look delicious! Dzintra, thank you for coming to visit me in my new living area! It was a lot of work, but so worth it. My husband is exhausted from that and then this morning, he had a speaking engagement for which he stayed up all night preparing. What an angel. Have a cozy time in your dark land, but your light will come as sure as our blustery cold winter is sure to follow. God bless, Anita

Unknown said...

You did well with the Auctions...looks like the Group did a Great Job...Glad you got to share in it...
cheers

Anonymous said...

The food looks wonderful as do the goodies! What a fun and great day!

Nat Palaskas said...

A lovely post of all the updates Dzintra. What a lucky win, I love that stitchery. You are set for Christmas...!

Fee said...

Sounds like a fantastic day - I know I would have loved it - right down my alley.

Jeni said...

Don't you just love attending these days
(Australia's Biggest Morning Tea)......you feel that you have done a little to help ......
good on you Dzintra

Cattinka said...

I like the stitchery you bid on, it looks like christmas! Your needlecase is coming along well, it looks good already.
KATRIN W.

a good yarn said...

What a terrific way to raise valuable fund for such a good cause. Your needlebook is coming along nicely. Ann :)

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

Dzintra, What a wonderful post! I love having tea parties. I used to have them all the time ... some with my kids when they were young and some with my friends. This one looked scrumptious! I love the quilt you bid on and won! So Christmas-y and beautiful, and the cause was an even bigger plus to the purchase.

As you pass the shortest day of the year, we pass the longest. You start your trek toward spring, while we start ours toward fall. The balance of this big world of ours, so wonderful and amazing. So glad I get to share it with friends like you. (: XO Vicki

ceecee said...

A lovely occasion. I had no idea that Protea is found in Australia. It is such an unusual bloom. Very expensive here. And you won something, AGAIN! I've never seen anyone win as many contests as you! You deserve every prize.
Catherine xxoo

Sandi said...

Sounds like you had a great day out whilst contributing to a wonderful cause.
Your needlecase is looking lovely.

Unknown said...

Wow what a great fundraiser . It looks so well planned , glad you had fun .

Micki said...

What a great day, Dzintra! I love the quilts and the stitcheries! What great pics!
Micki

Sea Angels said...

wow!! what a fab event...I would have loved to have dropped by, you are always doing such lovely things,, I had to smile at your book recommendations...those two magical reads are sat right on my shelf, touching distance, you know what they say about great minds xxxxxxx, have a magical solstice.
Hugs Lynn xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello Dzintra, love the goodies you bought....you had a lovely day and for a good cause....the morning tea looked yummooo.....Warm Regards Lyn

Simone de Klerk said...

Somehow I missed this post. Love the stitchery quilt you won at the Dutch Auction. Thank you for explaining it (O: And oh those goodies you got. Pretty pretty pretty. And I am a lucky star ...

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...