This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Friday, January 2, 2009

Holiday Projects and Reading...

Well...here I am, the day after New Year's Day...and how thoroughly I was spoilt by my Dear Hubby...breakfast of pancakes all made for us by him, followed by some stitching...coffee...then a salad lunch made by DH, a beach walk...cheese & biscuits with a red wine followed by a barbeque...have read in Blogland that what you do on the first day of the New Year signifies what the rest of the year will be like. If it's a day like that...well, that wouldn't be hard to take!!! Thought I'd post up a holiday project and some reading for January... ...From the ever popular Barri Sue Gaudet at Bareroots a kitted project I've had for a while now, a lovely table runner in warm country colours...hopefully to grace the table in winter!!! Got the idea of a New Year project from Julia...a New Year project symbolizes a new beginning and thought...mmm...great idea...Thank You Julia!!!

...a new cookbook to drool over...Traditional French Cuisine...full of superb photos...Cuisine Tratitionnelle de Qualite...fabulous recipes and lots of finer details...Even if I never make anything from this book it is a real pleasure to read Traditional French recipes and hints!!! And like the cover says...A feast for the senses, in the spirit of a long, leisurely Sunday lunch...And I believe the French take their food very seriously, down to which salt will accompany their meal...often with an Aperitif taken before!!! Ahh, that's the way!!!
And then...Jennifer Chiaverini's very famous Elm Creek series...3 books in one!!! The Quilter's Apprentice, Round Robin and The Cross-Country Quilters...Had to have this when I saw it just before Christmas...and I have been meaning to start this series for a while now!!! So, now in this holiday period of course I want to do everything NOW...so think I might start with the Bareroots kit...
Also thought I'd put my Works in Progress...WIP...on my sidebar...when I get them together and see which ones I get to!!! So...better get cracking...and enjoy January my friends!!!

11 comments:

Mildred said...

Oh, how I would love to see your French cookbook. It looks like you could spend hours curled up with it! The tablerunner is very pretty too. I look forward to hearing more about all of your projects. Have fun.

a good yarn said...

Wow! That was a fab start to the New Year. Love the table mat (I adore shaped edges) and the Elm Creek Series will keep you occupied. That French cookbook with enthrall, I have a similar thing for Italian. Just reading it transports me there. Sigh.

If Hubby keeps up the silver service think what you can achieve!

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Julia said...

What a way to start the year..
DH is a keeper for sure...with the lovely breakfast and all those goodies..that's got to be good.
Julia ♥

A Thousand Clapping Hands said...

Dear D =
If what you do on NYear's day signifies what the rest of the year will be like I'm going into hibernation! I will be cooking and overeating!!! I suppose I should be glad that I didn't begin the year with a hangover!
I realized while reading your posts today that I read your post with what I suppose is my version of an Australian accent. It's very funny because I don't do that with any other blog! It's your lovely way of phrasing things that makes me imagine you actually saying the words. And also - I never have my speakers on when perusing blogs but was scrolling down and enjoyed stopping to listen to John sing 'Jealous Guy'. Ya know what they say - it just seems like all the good ones are gone. Marvin Gaye too. Have a happy one.
Catherine

BJnR said...

what happened to your Magical Harry idea????? the music has started working by the way which is good :)

Jeni said...

I would also like to see your cookbook...have just pop over to your blog.....to have a read .... love it

...Miss..Maddie's... said...

Well it certainly looks like you'll have plenty to keep you busy.Quilts, cooking, walks on the beach... what more could you ask for.
You could send some of that beach weather this way it was -10C here this morning.
xo Susan

janeyre said...

I NEVER THOUGHT THAT GRANDCHILDREN WOULD BE SO PRECIOUS. ALICE INTRODUCED A WHOLE NEW ELEMENT TO MY LIFE. I LOVE YOUR KITTED PROJECT, ESPECIALLY THE DARLING HOUSES. I AM A SUCKER FOR FABRIC HOUSES OF ALL KINDS. SOON I WILL POST A PICTURE OF SOME OF THE HOUSES THAT I HAVE STITCHED ONTO WOOL FOR A TEACOSY AND A PIN CUSHION. KEEP US UPDATED ON YOUR PROGRESS

Sea Angels said...

You have painted a lovely picture of your days for me, how very very wonderful...just enjoy...I'm so green ha ha
Hugs Lynn xx

Carla said...

HI Dzintra, wow you sound like you have a great hubby. Good pressies too. Happy New Year Carla x

fengyebingxueer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...